Worship:

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Worship:

Postby Bongalong » 24 Jul 2018, 14:51

“In the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism. There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship. And an outstanding reason for choosing some sort of God or spiritual-type thing to worship—be it J.C. or Allah, be it Yahweh or the Wiccan mother-goddess or the Four Noble Truths or some infrangible set of ethical principles—is that pretty much anything else you worship will eat you alive. If you worship money and things—if they are where you tap real meaning in life—then you will never have enough. Never feel you have enough. It’s the truth. Worship your own body and beauty and sexual allure and you will always feel ugly, and when time and age start showing, you will die a million deaths before they finally plant you. On one level, we all know this stuff already—it’s been codified as myths, proverbs, clichés, bromides, epigrams, parables: the skeleton of every great story. The trick is keeping the truth up-front in daily consciousness. Worship power—you will feel weak and afraid, and you will need ever more power over others to keep the fear at bay. Worship your intellect, being seen as smart—you will end up feeling stupid, a fraud, always on the verge of being found out. And so on.”

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/famous-author-there-no-such-thing-atheism
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Re: Worship:

Postby johnsmith » 24 Jul 2018, 15:02

what a load of shit
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 24 Jul 2018, 15:22

johnsmith wrote:what a load of shit

Nah, that's Melbourne and its drugged up tryhard culture of pizza and stupid coffee.

Hey, I know: let's go check out some wog art and loiter around :rofl
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 24 Jul 2018, 19:38

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:what a load of shit

Nah, that's Melbourne and its drugged up tryhard culture of pizza and stupid coffee.

Hey, I know: let's go check out some wog art and loiter around :rofl

I'm sure bobby will be devastated that you don't like Melbourne......... meanwhile the OP is still a load of shit
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 Jul 2018, 06:05

Bongalong wrote:“In the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism. There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship. And an outstanding reason for choosing some sort of God or spiritual-type thing to worship—be it J.C. or Allah, be it Yahweh or the Wiccan mother-goddess or the Four Noble Truths or some infrangible set of ethical principles—is that pretty much anything else you worship will eat you alive. If you worship money and things—if they are where you tap real meaning in life—then you will never have enough. Never feel you have enough. It’s the truth. Worship your own body and beauty and sexual allure and you will always feel ugly, and when time and age start showing, you will die a million deaths before they finally plant you. On one level, we all know this stuff already—it’s been codified as myths, proverbs, clichés, bromides, epigrams, parables: the skeleton of every great story. The trick is keeping the truth up-front in daily consciousness. Worship power—you will feel weak and afraid, and you will need ever more power over others to keep the fear at bay. Worship your intellect, being seen as smart—you will end up feeling stupid, a fraud, always on the verge of being found out. And so on.”

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/famous-author-there-no-such-thing-atheism

wow who ever wrote this crap is projecting some serious issue's :thumb
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 26 Jul 2018, 17:19

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:“In the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism. There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship. And an outstanding reason for choosing some sort of God or spiritual-type thing to worship—be it J.C. or Allah, be it Yahweh or the Wiccan mother-goddess or the Four Noble Truths or some infrangible set of ethical principles—is that pretty much anything else you worship will eat you alive. If you worship money and things—if they are where you tap real meaning in life—then you will never have enough. Never feel you have enough. It’s the truth. Worship your own body and beauty and sexual allure and you will always feel ugly, and when time and age start showing, you will die a million deaths before they finally plant you. On one level, we all know this stuff already—it’s been codified as myths, proverbs, clichés, bromides, epigrams, parables: the skeleton of every great story. The trick is keeping the truth up-front in daily consciousness. Worship power—you will feel weak and afraid, and you will need ever more power over others to keep the fear at bay. Worship your intellect, being seen as smart—you will end up feeling stupid, a fraud, always on the verge of being found out. And so on.”

I know: let's all say nothing for fear of prjection.... go democracy :Hi :Hi :Hi

--> dondeehippy is a fucking fruit loop who hates democracy : go don dee the hippy who disrespects everyone who ever died for democracy yayyyy :Hi :Hi :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Sprintcyclist » 26 Jul 2018, 19:19

Reads pretty negatively, to me.
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 Jul 2018, 19:32

Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

I know: let's all say nothing for fear of prjection.... go democracy :Hi :Hi :Hi

--> dondeehippy is a fucking fruit loop who hates democracy : go don dee the hippy who disrespects everyone who ever died for democracy yayyyy :Hi :Hi :Hi

ohh id love to hear this... why do I now disrespect those who have died for democracy ? :grn
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 26 Jul 2018, 21:36

hmm//….. a big problem for some :roll evidently.

Nah don't believe in that shit.

The more you BELIEVE the less capable you are of KNOWING.

Worship the earth, if you MUST.

But at least.. LOVE HER.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jul 2018, 14:09

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

ohh id love to hear this... why do I now disrespect those who have died for democracy ? :grn

Because you accuse everyone of projection issues if they dare speak. You're a fascist bruther :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jul 2018, 14:11

pinkeye wrote:hmm//….. a big problem for some :roll evidently.

But at least.. LOVE HER.

Have you quit drinking metho yet?
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jul 2018, 14:42

Bongalong wrote:

But at least.. LOVE HER.

get your own
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jul 2018, 15:40

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

But at least.. LOVE HER.

get your own

Are you pinkeye aswell?
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jul 2018, 15:52

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

But at least.. LOVE HER.

get your own

Are you pinkeye aswell?

no, i'm John. That doesn't mean I'm going to stand by and watch you try to steal pinks metho. Get your own you scab
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jul 2018, 15:55

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

But at least.. LOVE HER.

get your own

Are you pinkeye aswell?

no, i'm John. That doesn't mean I'm going to stand by and watch you try to steal pinks metho. Get your own you scab

You never drink the whole bottle anyway: don't you know anything? :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi

Safety first,... or sleep: whatever?

:tweed :tweed :tweed
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jul 2018, 16:08

Bongalong wrote:You never drink the whole bottle anyway: don't you know anything?

I never drink any of it. I save it for removing acrylic paint.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jul 2018, 16:22

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:You never drink the whole bottle anyway: don't you know anything?

I never drink any of it. I save it for removing acrylic paint.

Oh, go you :beer
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jul 2018, 17:49

:beer
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 27 Jul 2018, 21:45

Bongalong wrote:

But at least.. LOVE HER.

I take (hic) umbrage at that :zzzz
oops oh yeah

nah
don't believe in (hic) that. (hic)
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Jul 2018, 07:53

Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Because you accuse everyone of projection issues if they dare speak. You're a fascist bruther :Hi

Ahhh your projecting I'm a fascist... well done DRAh :thumb
DonDeeHippy
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 28 Jul 2018, 22:36

at least he's not calling you a fem...….. unt. :bgrin :purple
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jul 2018, 14:28

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Ahhh your projecting I'm a fascist... well done DRAh :thumb

Lol, so what do you think you are?

:bike :bike
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jul 2018, 14:30

pinkeye wrote:at least he's not calling you a fem...….. unt. :bgrin :purple

Lol, stop being a femo c word and you'll stop getting called one!

:bike :bike
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 29 Jul 2018, 19:56

I don't think you ever called ME that. Wasn't it all JS..? and Mothra?
I mean you call me lots of things.. :bgrin :bgrin but femo cunt..? Nah.

You reserve that for men don't you.?

:bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jul 2018, 20:09

pinkeye wrote:You reserve that for men don't you.?

he calls everyone that. :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Next

Return to Off Topic