Strip-searching "abusive"?

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Strip-searching "abusive"?

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2018, 21:05

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
I've no idea what they sound like. But I have little compassion for people who chose to break the law.

You had compassion the other day for the 100% Aboriginal youth detention rate.

Yes. My lack of compassion for people in jail doesn't mean I stop fighting for a fairer system. If they shouldn't be there I'll be the first to put my hand up and help, but if they are there then they have to accept that searches are the only way it can work. Their rights are secondary to that of the guards.

I've seen a few of those US prison shows where they follow prisoners around for a few weeks etc, and the number of cons (both male and female) who I've seen admitting to carrying contraband, including shiv's, internally has left me dumbfounded. The guards need to be allowed to protect themselves. Like it or not, that means cavity searches.

On the drug side, prisoners happily smuggle drugs, phones, currency, internally. How do you stop it without the searches?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2018, 21:05

*Nuked by me. Aussie.*
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2018, 21:07

*Nuked by me. Aussie.*
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 04 Jul 2018, 21:08

johnsmith wrote:
Yes. My lack of compassion for people in jail doesn't mean I stop fighting for a fairer system. If they shouldn't be there I'll be the first to put my hand up and help, but if they are there then they have to accept that searches are the only way it can work. Their rights are secondary to that of the guards.

So they deserve except when they don't. Gotcha.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2018, 21:11

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

So they deserve except when they don't. Gotcha.

My kids might not want to go to school, but while they are there they will follow the rules. Deserved or not, that is the only way the school can work. Same with jails.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2018, 21:14

HBS Guy wrote:*Nuked by me. Aussie.*

FUCK OFF Aussie!

It happened.

Was parking fines only, cunt!'

Put it back! Is old news anyway!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 04 Jul 2018, 21:17

HBS Guy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:*Nuked by me. Aussie.*

FUCK OFF Aussie!

It happened.

Was parking fines only, cunt!'

Put it back! Is old news anyway!

Nuked. (Annie made me do it in your own best interest.) Best it stay that way. Farked if I know how to 'un-nuke.' Do you?
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2018, 21:19

Some “crims”are in gaol because of excessive parking fines etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 04 Jul 2018, 21:23

HBS Guy wrote:Some “crims”are in gaol because of excessive parking fines etc.

Sme people are in jail for defending themselves. Some are in jail because they were framed. Some are innocent. Many have untreated mental health issues. Almost all are themselves victims.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2018, 21:25

They used to jail you for parking fines, but I don't think it happens very much any more.

I recall some kid was jailed at long bay for not paying a fine and was bashed to death, after that the govt. changed their rules.

I think you can still go to jail, but only as a last resort after they've exhausted all other options and given you plenty of time and warnings, but you don't go to the big boys jail (so unlikely to be cavity searched).
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2018, 21:26

mothra wrote:

Sme people are in jail for defending themselves. Some are in jail because they were framed. Some are innocent. Many have untreated mental health issues. Almost all are themselves victims.

I must have missed your alternative too searches. Care to repeat it?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 04 Jul 2018, 21:26

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

X-rays.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2018, 21:28

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

X-rays.

that'll go well, especially if he has a metal shiv up his arse.

how many xrays before they claim cancer due to overexposure?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 04 Jul 2018, 21:30

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

X-rays.

Those objecting may use more traditional measures if they so choose ... but it's a great many x-rays, btw.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2018, 21:32

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

X-rays.

Those objecting may use more traditional measures if they so choose ... but it's a great many x-rays, btw.

I don't object to xrays where possible. But I'm not sure it's always practical. As long as we don't rule out cavity searches where xrays aren't available.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2018, 21:42

I spent a night in Darlington police cells one night more than 3 decades ago. Office was in town, city of Adelaide with traps for unwary early morning parkers. Got taken to the Watch House, from there in back of a cage in back of a cop ute (me thinking in the case of an accident I couldn’t get away! To Remand Centre—full. To Adelaide Gaol—after waiting, being told to take hands out of pockets—hey, it was cold FFS!—got photo taken, went to next station, got told to fuck off so fuck off I did. Saw the moles waiting for boyfriends to be released, hard faced sheilahs the lot of them but went past to office and did some work. What a fucking waste of taxpayers’ money! Maybe council should welcome people coming to town?

A couple weeks later some jerkoff rang me about some big parking fine, told them I would go to gaol instead, had done it once etc. Never heard anymore about it.

Would have been fucking ropable about any cavity search!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 04 Jul 2018, 21:44

Dick head.

:roll
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2018, 21:45

Yes, you are, Aussie!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 05 Jul 2018, 13:27

mothra wrote:Only abusive for women? Not men too?

I think it certainly is ... for all of us.

You don't even care!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 05 Jul 2018, 13:28

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:So.....the topic was strip searching which rated less that 25% mention in that article.

I see zero problem with a strip search provided it is done by same sex people and there are many same sex witnesses.

Why isn't it rape?

Wtf are you on lady?

Don't tell me you're drinking the metho aswell?
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 05 Jul 2018, 13:33

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:i also don't disagree with strip searches. Especially in prisons.

Whilst prisoners continue to hide contraband in their orifices, be they male or female, then the prisoners can't complain when the orifices are searched.

They bring this upon themselves.

Who brings it on themselves? The vast majority who don't smuggle contraband?

Or are you content to think of people in prison as a collective "they" with little or no rights to humaneness?

We are all treated like the dogs of grass!

You can't give hugs and kisses to potentially very dangerous people and leave mr nice guy on the street to fester away even tho he played by societys rules and never robbed a bank! You're a freakin' lunatic mate: what was your idea of democracy again ya stupid thing?
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 05 Jul 2018, 13:39

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:Why isn't it rape?

they gave up their right to consent or not when they committed the crime that led to them being in jail.

You know what remand is, yeah?

And which crimes in particular do you think warrant rape? Mental health issues perhaps? Drug addiction? Driving without a licence?

You want to divide the world into endless boxes: how long is that going to take? You're a pedant and society hasn't got enough resources for your endless demands!

:Hi

Women like you end up in bad shape,... until you learn to shut your endlessly whinging and obviously sandy dumb c up because we all know you don't actually give a shite: you just like going mental at your past indiscretions and possibly hearing the sound of your own voice while you're at it!

Why don't you try drinking metho,... and then give it up :thumb
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 05 Jul 2018, 13:44

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I'm content enough to accept that if prisoners gave as much thought to their fellow humans as you do, they probably wouldn't be in there and wouldn't need to worry about it.

You know better than that, John. There's a million reasons to be in jail, none of which are minimised or resolved by demonising the people unfortunate enough to be in there.

Shite happens: doesn't mean you change the system for insane reason!

You have no rationale mothra because you're a completely freaked out femo cunt who hates the world men provided for you!

So go fuck off into the bush and see how you go you ingrateful cunt!

:tweed
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 05 Jul 2018, 13:45

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I don't agree that it's rape and no amount of jumping up and down will convince me otherwise. Jails are tough. You aren't meant to enjoy it. If you don't like it, don't break the law.

I don't "jump up and down" but no amount of your "jumping up and down" will convince me it is not rape ... so we must agree to disagree.

You did however fail to address any of my scenarios. Bit trickier when you actually thresh it out, yeah?

You're full of it mate: go live in the bush and see what happens with limited resources you absolute freak!

:Hi

You think your hole deserves everything don't ya buddy :Hi :Hi :Hi
Last edited by MilesAway on 05 Jul 2018, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 05 Jul 2018, 13:48

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:Quite cavalier with humans with very different variables to you, both of you. It's disheartening.

In my experience, there but for the grace of the gods go i. I don't get the "us and themism".

Not as cavalier as they are towards their victims

Oh get you're hand off it. You sound like a ACA viewer.

What happens to victims of crime, mothra?

You know victims of crime, mothra: so why don't you spell it out for us so we can all watch your own argument fall apart in front or your eyes?

:Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi

You're a stupid ___ An off your face femo idiot who fakes sincerity!

:tweed
MilesAway
Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic