Humans

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Humans

Postby johnsmith » 10 Jun 2018, 23:35

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:I was pulled up by some of the parents and the teacher for suggesting that children under 12 had the capacity for empathy.

what a ridiculous comment. My oldest was four when he first cried because he thought his little brother was hurt............ and it wasn't guilt. He had nothing to do with the hurt

Yeah i know. Blew me away. Not my observations in the slightest.

Are you sure the parent in question knew what the word even meant?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby mothra » 10 Jun 2018, 23:39

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:I was pulled up by some of the parents and the teacher for suggesting that children under 12 had the capacity for empathy.

what a ridiculous comment. My oldest was four when he first cried because he thought his little brother was hurt............ and it wasn't guilt. He had nothing to do with the hurt

Yeah i know. Blew me away. Not my observations in the slightest.

Are you sure the parent in question knew what the word even meant?

The teacher too! I don't believe that they understand the word to mean what it actually means.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 10 Jun 2018, 23:42

As a part of my work I've had to deal with several teachers (outside of schools) who've rented properties from me, while some are great, all I can say is that I feel sorry for a lot of the kids of others. Absolute morons who should never be allowed near a classroom.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 10 Jun 2018, 23:48

johnsmith wrote:As a part of my work I've had to deal with several teachers (outside of schools) who've rented properties from me, while some are great, all I can say is that I feel sorry for a lot of the kids of others. Absolute morons who should never be allowed near a classroom.

Well this teacher was generally ace but he represents (as do the parents) literally the philosophies of the school system's founder and much of it doesn't real hold up to modern day scrutiny. They place tremendous emphasis on the age of the child and the physiological and psychological benchmarks or tendencies expressed by those ages. They're right more than they are wrong ... and whatever they're doing, these are really, really lovely kids.

It's a trade-off. We just fill in the empty spaces.
mothra
Duck

Previous

Return to Off Topic