The the 10th incarnation of Vishnu is upon us!

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

The the 10th incarnation of Vishnu is upon us!

Postby mothra » 22 May 2018, 17:19

Indian worker tells his bosses he can't come to the office because he's the the 10th incarnation of Vishnu
'I am doing penance at home by entering the fifth dimension. This work I cannot do in the office.'

An Indian engineer who repeatedly skipped work told his employers he was too busy being the 10th incarnation of the god Vishnu.

Rameschandra Fefar made the claim after being served with an official notice asking why he had only attended his office in Gujarat for 16 days over eight months.

“I am Lord Vishnu’s 10th incarnation as Kalki,” he responded in writing. “I am doing penance at home by entering into the fifth dimension to change the global conscience.

“This work I cannot do in the office. Thus I don’t remain physically present in the office.”

The engineer repeated his claim that he is an avatar of the Hindu god, usually depicted as having four arms and blue skin, when questioned on Indian TV on Saturday.

“Even if you don’t believe, I am indeed the tenth incarnation of Lord Vishnu and I will prove it in coming days,” he told reporters.

“I realised that I am Kalki avatar when I was in my office in March 2010. Since then, I am having divine powers.

“Just like everybody laughed at me at the time of Mahabharata, you guys are doing the same because you’re unable to see God in me”.

He also claimed he was saving the country from drought, adding: “Just because I am Kalki avatar, India got good rains.”

Fefar was appointed superintending engineer with the Sardar Sarovar dam project on the Narmadar river near Navagam in Gujarat in September 2017.

This month his employers at the Sardar Sarovar Punah-Vasvat Agency sent him an official notice warning him he faced disciplinary action.

“You have remained highly erratic ever since you joined duty on September 22, 2017,” the notice read.

“You have remained absent without any authorisation. This kind of conduct is not befitting a government official.

“Your absence from duty has adversely impacted the working of rehabilitation which is in its final stages as you are not available for providing guidance to the subordinates.”

Mr Fefar was ordered to provide an explanation within seven days.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/indian-worker-god-lord-vishnu-work-excuse-rameschandra-fefar-gujarat-a8360366.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1526892105
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Re: The the 10th incarnation of Vishnu is upon us!

Postby mothra » 22 May 2018, 17:36

I haven't tried this one. Anyone?
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2018, 17:42

The idiot is a wanker. But, I have to say that attendance at work is not a high priority among the Sub Continental Indians I know. Why hasn't he been sacked many months ago?

....he had only attended his office in Gujarat for 16 days over eight months.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 22 May 2018, 17:47

Aussie wrote:The idiot is a wanker.

I think he's a bloody legend!

I'll light some incense to him later.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 22 May 2018, 19:38

i try not to be racist, but gee the indians make it hard (no offense Aussie).
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 22 May 2018, 20:04

johnsmith wrote:i try not to be racist, but gee the indians make it hard (no offense Aussie).

Oh come on, this is brilliant!

Anyway, we've got IITL so we can't talk.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2018, 21:24

johnsmith wrote:i try not to be racist, but gee the indians make it hard (no offense Aussie).

Indians are not easy to understand because we expect them to live by our norms which they could not give a stuff about. If you are ever in India and you tell them that Australia is pissed off with them......you will quickly be told how large their Military is.........compared to ours.

But.....I have always been treated wonderfully there.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 22 May 2018, 21:45

Aussie wrote:

Indians are not easy to understand because we expect them to live by our norms which they could not give a stuff about. If you are ever in India and you tell them that Australia is pissed off with them......you will quickly be told how large their Military is.........compared to ours.

But.....I have always been treated wonderfully there.

i've dealt with them several times over the years, and I don't recall a single time where one hasn't tried some bullshit to get the better of me. They must think we're all idiots. I just don't trust them. They don't keep their word and they're always crying the victim
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2018, 22:03

Yes.....in any commercial deal or relationship.....expect them to game you. It is a guarantee. They do reckon they are smarter than you (never tried it with me because I was the 'Lawyer,' who also had TIB on hand to tick any shit off) and that is compounded because 'you' underestimate their capacity based solely upon the way they speak, I suspect......or because they are.....Indian.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 22 May 2018, 22:08

I'm saddened to see this turn into a race issue. I would have expected that at Ozpol but it disappoints me here.

I would rather focus on time spent in the 5th dimension as a ripper of an excuse for work absenteeism ... i've tried twice to steer it that way even.

Fucked if i can understand why people's default position is finding a box for things. Even, as in this case, the box is in an alternate dimension.

I'd like to think these are the kinds of things that endear us to each other. Unite us. Bond us.

It's a damn shame.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 22 May 2018, 22:14

Aussie wrote:Yes.....in any commercial deal or relationship.....expect them to game you. It is a guarantee. They do reckon they are smarter than you (never tried it with me because I was the 'Lawyer,' who also had TIB on hand to tick any shit off) and that is compounded because 'you' underestimate their capacity based solely upon the way they speak, I suspect......or because they are.....Indian.

I don't underestimate anything. I provide a service for a price. They shit me because almost with out fail, when dealing with an Indian, they agree to the price, then once the service is done, they want to argue over the price. They do it all the time. I'm sick of it. Just this afternoon I spent half an hour explaining to one why I wasn't going to offer him a discount. It's the fourth time we've had this discussion in two days. I'm betting he'll ask again.

mothra wrote:I'm saddened to see this turn into a race issue.

It became a race issue when you put up a headline that read INDIAN worker.
Why was his race relevant to the story?
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 22 May 2018, 22:21

johnsmith wrote:It became a race issue when you put up a headline that read INDIAN worker.

I assume, being the Independant, it expected a level of maturity from it's readers. As i said, i would have expected it at Ozpol ... and Gordy ans AiA to trash the thread talking about faecal matter.

Why on earth can't you mention someone's ethnicity without embarking on a journey of racial profiling?

And why the fuck bring all this negativity to a thread about Vishnu reincarnated and doing important work in the 5th dimension? Isn't that much more interesting?
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 22 May 2018, 22:33

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:It became a race issue when you put up a headline that read INDIAN worker.

I assume, being the Independant, it expected a level of maturity from it's readers. Why on earth can't you mention someone's ethnicity without embarking on a journey of racial profiling?

what IT expects is to sell papers (or people to click on it's articles). Apart from that I doubt they care to much. If a politician had highlighted race in an obscure comment I bet the INDEPENDANT would be the first to cry racism.

And no one said you can't mention race without 'embarking on a journey of racial profiling'. Just don't be surprised when it does.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 22 May 2018, 22:35

johnsmith wrote:
what IT expects is to sell papers (or people to click on it's articles). Apart from that I doubt they care to much. If a politician had highlighted race in an obscure comment I bet the INDEPENDANT would be the first to cry racism.

And no one said you can't mention race without 'embarking on a journey of racial profiling'. Just don't be surprised when it does.

Don't blame them for what reaction you had.

That's all you.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 22 May 2018, 22:40

Mr Smith.....I wear this on my right middle finger. It is pure gold. Heavy thing. Bought by TIB's Mother for me ages ago in Wembley High Street where there are rows of Indian Jewellers. It was sheer agony. I had no idea what was happening as all of us just hung around as she.....went from shop to shop......then FOUR hours later, after haggling with all of them.....she came out of one...and gave this to me. That is what they do, Mr Smith.......haggle. It is in the DNA.

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 22 May 2018, 22:52

Aussie wrote:Mr Smith.....I wear this on my right middle finger. It is pure gold. Heavy thing. Bought by TIB's Mother for me ages ago in Wembley High Street where there are rows of Indian Jewellers. It was sheer agony. I had no idea what was happening as all of us just hung around as she.....went from shop to shop......then FOUR hours later, after haggling with all of them.....she came out of one...and gave this to me. That is what they do, Mr Smith.......haggle. It is in the DNA.

Being Italian I know all about haggling Aussie. But you haggle BEFORE someone provides the service Aussie. Not after they've done the work. Once you've agreed on a price that's it. Negotiations are over.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 22 May 2018, 22:55

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Don't blame them for what reaction you had.

That's all you.

I'm not blaming anyone. I merely pointed out that it was the article you posted, that made it about race.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2018, 06:50

The best thing about this is that there r so many Hindi gods. Room for lots of Engineers to skip work ,luv it. :bgrin
DonDeeHippy
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2018, 08:53

I had a Lebanese—some mid east area, maybe Greek—want to buy a 50L carboy (glass bottle) and I pay $45 and sell them for $50. This guy was asking for a lower price for like half an hour. All I thought was: you could have made more than $5 (which he didn’t get, margin way too slim) then spending the time here wailing.

I haggle when buying antiques but not for trivial prices, has to be over $100 to be worth it. My fave shop in Strathalbyn has an antique corking machine, for corking wine bottles. $690, love to buy it but $690 would buy windows for my house so no way. She had three of those old English beer engines, where beer is literally pulled up out of the cellar and into your glass. (Real ale has quite a low fizz, not gassy like modern kegs where CO2 pushes the beer out of the stainless steel keg. Like my kegging setup, sadly unused for a couple of decades :sad I say “Lovely but too much” and the woman running the shop knows what I mean. Sometimes I say “not worth it” and mean it. The TV show “American Pickers” has pushed the price of rusty old advertising signs up to buggery!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 23 May 2018, 10:17

johnsmith wrote:
I'm not blaming anyone. I merely pointed out that it was the article you posted, that made it about race.

To you, clearly. To me it was all about what Vishnu's up to in the 5th dimension.

If i were you, i'd think about that.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 23 May 2018, 10:19

DonDeeHippy wrote:The best thing about this is that there r so many Hindi gods. Room for lots of Engineers to skip work ,luv it. :bgrin

It's brilliant, isn't it?

My son and i want to write him a letter claiming that my son is, in fact, the 10th incarnation of Vishnu and he is a fraud.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 23 May 2018, 11:19

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

To you, clearly. To me it was all about what Vishnu's up to in the 5th dimension.

If i were you, i'd think about that.

whats to think about? It's not uncommon that ten people read the same thing and come away with ten different interpretations. It's the spice of life.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 23 May 2018, 14:27

johnsmith wrote:

whats to think about?

That's entirely up to you.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2018, 16:34

mothra wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:The best thing about this is that there r so many Hindi gods. Room for lots of Engineers to skip work ,luv it. :bgrin

It's brilliant, isn't it?

My son and i want to write him a letter claiming that my son is, in fact, the 10th incarnation of Vishnu and he is a fraud.

Vishnu is god so who is to say there isn't 11 different incarnations ? :OMG
DonDeeHippy
Jack Russell

Postby mothra » 23 May 2018, 22:41

DonDeeHippy wrote:Vishnu is god so who is to say there isn't 11 different incarnations ? :OMG

What .. two at the same time?
mothra
Duck

Return to Off Topic