Australian women living in 'fear and vigilance' due to stree

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Australian women living in 'fear and vigilance' due to s

Postby MilesAway » 28 May 2018, 00:01

Lol,,yeh blame all men for that you idiot!

You're full of shit!!
MilesAway
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 28 May 2018, 01:07

The MAN who killed them is responsible, moron.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 28 May 2018, 01:37

pinkeye wrote:The MAN who killed them is responsible, moron.

You're a tripper...
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 May 2018, 01:43

MilesAway wrote:

You're a tripper...

Oh ? so you're saying that man ISN'T responsible.? What are you saying? anything of worth.?
No doubt you have a whole scenario worked out which shows that he was just a good ol' bloke.. who happened to....

I only used that awful awful happening as an example of how blind people can be, even after the fact, and the scale of the mayhem seems almost irrelevant.
That is the point about domestic violence, you see.

MOSTLY, only the perpatrator and the victim(s) know about it. Friends, ? neighbours? family? are often totally unaware of what is happening in these....'homes'.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 29 May 2018, 15:11

pinkeye wrote:
MilesAway wrote:

You're a tripper...

Oh ? so you're saying that man ISN'T responsible.? What are you saying? anything of worth.?
No doubt you have a whole scenario worked out which shows that he was just a good ol' bloke.. who happened to....

I only used that awful awful happening as an example of how blind people can be, even after the fact, and the scale of the mayhem seems almost irrelevant.
That is the point about domestic violence, you see.

MOSTLY, only the perpatrator and the victim(s) know about it. Friends, ? neighbours? family? are often totally unaware of what is happening in these....'homes'.

You're totally f'n lost mate :tweed ...Go on, ...bark at stuff for no reason you idiot!!! :c
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 30 May 2018, 00:29

No reason?

Misogynistic arsehole. You prove you are a hater, and your reasoning is seriously hampered by whatever it is you have wrong with you.

One woman a week (at least) is murdered by her male partner, friend, father, son, boyfriend, acquaintance, neighbour.... you are a fuckwit.

Yep :tweed that'd be YOU , you pathetic example of a human being. Wank off somewhere else. Not in my ear, thanks very much.

Spread your hate around, you know you love to do that. Your recent posts on this topic are proof positive of your misogyny... you cannot now claim any BS.. we have read your posts.. Surely you can do better than that.!! :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 30 May 2018, 08:23

I think I see a budding romance blossoming.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 30 May 2018, 23:37

johnsmith wrote:I think I see a budding romance blossoming.

Thanks for that JS.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 00:05

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I think I see a budding romance blossoming.

Thanks for that JS.

:hlo
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 31 May 2018, 01:59

so, JS, as you are a mainstay here, is MilesAway DRAH? or LongWeekend ?
I think he is Drah.

Am I wrong? I didn't think DRAH was so misogynistic, so I'd hope it isn't he. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 31 May 2018, 08:12

I think with young guys its the "lord of the flies" Highschool's they all go to, I have 2 boys 2 years apart and i couldnt believe the attitudes they had on women, gays and they became rasists as well, if i could redo it all i would of worked out a way to home school,
They have been out of school now for about 6 years and r just becoming real men again .
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 09:36

pinkeye wrote:so, JS, as you are a mainstay here, is MilesAway DRAH? or LongWeekend ?
I think he is Drah.

Am I wrong? I didn't think DRAH was so misogynistic, so I'd hope it isn't he. :sad

he's drah

longy would spend all his time telling you how clever he was
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 09:41

DonDeeHippy wrote:I think with young guys its the "lord of the flies" Highschool's they all go to, I have 2 boys 2 years apart and i couldnt believe the attitudes they had on women, gays and they became rasists as well, if i could redo it all i would of worked out a way to home school,
They have been out of school now for about 6 years and r just becoming real men again .

their circle of friends is a huge influence on them. You can home school them , but you'll never isolate them (or you shouldn't). You can't pick their friends for them.

I recall a psychology teacher I had once told us he would rather his kids hung out with the wrong crowd, then no crowd at all. From a psychological point of view it was far better outcome for them long term. My kids are young so I've yet to test that theory.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 31 May 2018, 11:59

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I think with young guys its the "lord of the flies" Highschool's they all go to, I have 2 boys 2 years apart and i couldnt believe the attitudes they had on women, gays and they became rasists as well, if i could redo it all i would of worked out a way to home school,

their circle of friends is a huge influence on them. You can home school them , but you'll never isolate them (or you shouldn't). You can't pick their friends for them.

I recall a psychology teacher I had once told us he would rather his kids hung out with the wrong crowd, then no crowd at all. From a psychological point of view it was far better outcome for them long term. My kids are young so I've yet to test that theory.

I disagree with the theory. It's akin to saying staying in a bad relationship is preferable to no relationship at all. Too blanket. Too simplistic.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 31 May 2018, 13:10

I think the big thing is how do u change the high schoolboy mentality... education, better mentors, maybe both , how do u police attitudes, after all arrogance is for the young....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 13:12

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

I disagree with the theory. It's akin to saying staying in a bad relationship is preferable to no relationship at all. Too blanket. Too simplistic.

I think the point he was trying to make is that it is preferable to them becoming social outcasts hidden from society in their basements.
In the end, if you take either position to the extreme they are both equally as bad as the other.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 31 May 2018, 13:53

johnsmith wrote:
I think the point he was trying to make is that it is preferable to them becoming social outcasts hidden from society in their basements.
In the end, if you take either position to the extreme they are both equally as bad as the other.

Yeah i get it, i just quite strongly disagree. Many of the most interesting and conscientious people i know grew up with friends in books. These days, there's technology.

Sure, an insular life can be problematic but it need not be. The wrong crowd however ....

Mind you, i say that from the position of not only being in the wrong crowd on more than one occasion, but being a founding member of a few and it taught me loads. I wouldn't trade my experiences but i wouldn't wish them on anyone. It's made me a pretty skilled up mum though.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 14:08

mothra wrote:
Yeah i get it, i just quite strongly disagree. Many of the most interesting and conscientious people i know grew up with friends in books. These days, there's technology.

I probably should have added that the particular psychology class was well over 25 yrs ago
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 31 May 2018, 14:17

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

I probably should have added that the particular psychology class was well over 25 yrs ago

The theory has merits but yeah, perhaps more applicable to times past. I imagine it depends very much on the person and the situation. That's why i thought it too blanket and simplistic.

Imagine, for example, if you lived on Ramsay Street. Wouldn't you lock your kids in the basement yourself rather than have them exposed?
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 14:26

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

The theory has merits but yeah, perhaps more applicable to times past. I imagine it depends very much on the person and the situation. That's why i thought it too blanket and simplistic.

Imagine, for example, if you lived on Ramsay Street. Wouldn't you lock your kids in the basement yourself rather than have them exposed?

depend .... are the girls on Ramsey st in bikini's? :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 31 May 2018, 14:32

johnsmith wrote:depend .... are the girls on Ramsey st in bikini's? :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

Ah. A Home and Away man. Explains much.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 14:58

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:depend .... are the girls on Ramsey st in bikini's? :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

I first fell in love with Kylie on Neighbours.
I haven't watched either since I got my license at the age of 17.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 31 May 2018, 15:08

johnsmith wrote:I first fell in love with Kylie on Neighbours.

I'm impressed you can admit to that.

Still. i had a thing for Virgil from the Thunderbirds ...
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 31 May 2018, 15:48

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

Yer easily pleased. She did nothing for me.

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2018, 17:28

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

Yer easily pleased. She did nothing for me.

that's cause you were already an old bastard with illusions of grandeur. :up
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic