Financial planners

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Financial planners

Postby johnsmith » 27 Apr 2018, 08:14

One in five Australians use a financial planner — but it's not worth the risk

Once again the banking royal commission nailed it.

Take this question from counsel assisting the commission, Rowena Orr, to the head of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA), Philip Kewin:

"How can an organisation that is seeking to make itself attractive to potential members in comparison with other industry bodies also, at the same time as seeking to make itself attractive, regulate the conduct of those members? Isn't there an inherent conflict in those two propositions?"

Mr Kewin's response?

"I don't think so."

But we now know so, thanks to the way the commission has revealed that the AFA and its rival organisation, the Financial Planning Association (FPA), tried to protect members accused of serious misconduct.

Like so-called celebrity financial planner Sam Henderson, who allegedly told his employees to impersonate a client and claimed educational qualifications he doesn't have.

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

The bodies that claim leadership of the financial planning industry are organisations that want to grow member numbers, and as Ms Orr's question to Mr Kewin indicates, they don't want to rock the boat.

So, when financial planners see a threat to the easy money gravy train of commissions and other sales-based payments, their "leaders" are quick to fall in behind and take up the cause.

And how do we know?

Because while the royal commission is getting all the headlines, another inquiry is quietly continuing in the background — an inquiry into the way accountants, who are also financial planners, get paid.

A bunch off con artists

Does anyone use a financial planner?

I don't, my accountant makes suggestions (or used to, retired recently so now i have to find a new one) when I see him about my taxes, a service I don't pay any extra for. It's his job as my accountant to tell me, especially if it concerns tax minimisation.

the whole industry is a scam
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Re: Financial planners

Postby Dax » 27 Apr 2018, 12:22

Any one who uses an accountant for personal or business, is a fool and deserves to get ripped off. The tax laws are very simple to understand and everyone should know them in relation to their taxation situation, simple book keeping does the job and less easy to fault than an accountants work if you are audited. As for financial planners, another hilarious rip off, simple designed to con the useless gullible into the rip off net.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 27 Apr 2018, 12:32

the real fool is the person who thinks they know it all, including over and above the professionals. :oops
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Dax » 27 Apr 2018, 17:26

johnsmith wrote:the real fool is the person who thinks they know it all, including over and above the professionals. :oops

Better to be a successful well off uneducated fool, than a broke ignorant dummy. Much better to keep you outgoings down to the lowest point possible and you can't do that when you need someone else to run and prove your books.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 27 Apr 2018, 19:00

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:the real fool is the person who thinks they know it all, including over and above the professionals. :oops

Better to be a successful well off uneducated fool, than a broke ignorant dummy. Much better to keep you outgoings down to the lowest point possible and you can't do that when you need someone else to run and prove your books.

You've got the uneducated fool down pat. Just think of all the thousands in extra taxes that you paid unnecessarily. :rofl :rofl :rofl
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Dax » 28 Apr 2018, 14:02

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:

You've got the uneducated fool down pat. Just think of all the thousands in extra taxes that you paid unnecessarily. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Always a great laugh when a sewer rat drools all over the place with their filth. So sewer rat, it's clear you've never run a successful business and don't have a clue about corporate accounting. Ever hear of roll over trusts drop kick, ever heard of good management and economies of scale balancing, which includes depreciation and accounting acquisitions. Of course not or you wouldn't be just an economic slave going broke, which is probably why all you have to contribute to this forum is insults and abuse, never anything logical or interesting, just sewer rat crap.

When you have the capacity to go where and where you like on the planet and fly yourself, then you may have something to contribute. Until them, expect all this forum will get from you, is sewer rat shit. Jealousy sure if a curse for sewer rats, mus be so pathetic to realise you've failed in every aspect of your life and even your kids hate you. The complete opposite of my life and most others.

Keep up the insults, it really enhances your credibility as a drowning sewer rat, slowly sinking into your own filth. After all, you've got nothing else to contribute have you.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 28 Apr 2018, 18:20

:giggle :giggle

piss poor attempt at insults there numbnuts. Do you need lessons?

Lesson 1.
If you want to insult me, don't copy names already used on here for others. It shows a total lack of imagination and makes you look desperate
Lesson 2.
Don't make comments about stuff you clearly have no idea about. Again, it just makes you look desperate.
Lesson 3.
Don't try to talk yourself up by making claims you can't or won't prove. It makes you look like a lying idiot.

In conclusion: You look like a unimaginative, lying, desperate sack of shit.

Those lessons are free. Any more lessons and i'll have to charge you.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Dax » 28 Apr 2018, 18:37

johnsmith wrote::giggle :giggle

Lesson 1.
If you want to insult me, don't copy names already used on here for others. It shows a total lack of imagination and makes you look desperate
Lesson 2.
Don't make comments about stuff you clearly have no idea about. Again, it just makes you look desperate.
Lesson 3.
Don't try to talk yourself up by making claims you can't or won't prove. It makes you look like a lying idiot.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 28 Apr 2018, 18:56

Dax wrote:

Lesson 1.
Lesson 2.
Lesson 3.

ohh, by the way, if you mention my kids in any sort of derogatory manner again, I'll ban you. Only a fucken coward hides behind kids.
You won't get another warning
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Dax » 28 Apr 2018, 20:13

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:

Lesson 1.
Lesson 2.
Lesson 3.

ohh, by the way, if you mention my kids in any sort of derogatory manner again, I'll ban you. Only a fucken coward hides behind kids.
You won't get another warning

Isn't that what you're doing, hiding behind your kids which is typical of the bullying coward. I was using your own words in reference to your kids. Now if I had made that up, with out any reference I'd agree with you, but it was you who mentioned that fact and it's easy to see it effects you. That's your own fault if they are angry with you, why, is your problem not mine, but you brought it up in this forum. Nor was it derogatory to your children, it has nothing to do with them, it's you

You've conveniently avoided that fact, it's fine for you to be abusive and derogatory, but when some one has a go at you, one rule for you and like a typical bullying coward, you have other rules for everyone else.. Go for it drop kick, bet you've done that to lots of people and why very few stay here for more than a short time.

Why don't you admit it, you can't stand anyone who has a different viewpoint to yours and you have no ability to respond logically, rationally or even make sense. All you can do is abuse, threaten and in the end ban those with something to say, way beyond the pathetic intellectual capacity you display here.

If Monk wants this forum to grow and become a good place for decent discussion, then he needs a sane moderator, not a bullying abuser. Who gets their kicks from abusing those you disagree with and when they try to get you to stop, you troll their posts, throwing abuse and filth at them. If that's how you are here, hate to imagine what the rest of your life is like.

How people act online does reflect the reality of their lives, even though most would deny it. They think because they are anonymous, they can act freely, but all they do is reflect what they really are and try desperately and not very successfully, to cover up in their lives off line.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 28 Apr 2018, 20:50

Dax wrote:Isn't that what you're doing, hiding behind your kids which is typical of the bullying coward.

you mentioned my kids, not me . I'm not interested in your pathetic excuse or amatuer psychology. You won't get another warning.

Dax wrote:You've conveniently avoided that fact, it's fine for you to be abusive and derogatory,

be as abusive or derogatory as you like. You can attack me or anyone else on here you have a gripe with all you like. ... I've never been bothered by what demented old fools think anyway so go for it ... but mention my kids again and you will pay.
Don't use family members who don't post here to try and score some sort of cheap point. Only cowards hide behind those that cannot defend themselves.

Dax wrote:Why don't you admit it, you can't stand anyone who has a different viewpoint to yours and you have no ability to respond logically

says the moron who went stupid because someone didn't agree with him :rofl :rofl

Dax wrote:How people act online does reflect the reality of their lives, even though most would deny it.

if that's true then things certainly aren't looking good for you.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 28 Apr 2018, 21:18

Okay.....Big Brother here. Dax.....it is not acceptable to involve Family Members in disputes at this Forum.

So, Mr Smith is absolutely right about that.

Mr Smith......please don't threaten a ban on people. I understand your reaction, but leave that to Monk or myself.

Now.....have at it.....but perhaps you both need to ratchet it back a tad.

Okay?

:beer
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 28 Apr 2018, 21:22

Aussie wrote:Mr Smith......please don't threaten a ban on people. I understand your reaction, but leave that to Monk or myself.

Sandpit has been made my domain has itr not? Until monk tells me otherwise, I consider myself free to ban anyone from here I choose.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 28 Apr 2018, 21:26

Is this the Sand Pit?

:?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 28 Apr 2018, 21:43

Aussie wrote:Is this the Sand Pit?

:gup :gup :gup
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 28 Apr 2018, 21:52

No worries. Dax.....you okay with my remarks?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby pinkeye » 29 Apr 2018, 01:08

johnsmith wrote:

I think you need to post more than a couple of emojis JS.

You definitely lost your sense of humour, and perspective there.

OKAY so I'll shut up now.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 29 Apr 2018, 01:13

re Financial Planners..? Like why would anyone trust'm. I remember AMP was stinking dirty, what, 10=15 yrs ago. Yet the government(s) let them continue to operate.

Now, I've never enough money to even consider a financial planner... if I ever do have money, :roll I will not be giving it to any mongrel.

Why are people so stupid.?
And did see ScoMo and Mturb cuddling up together, making scathing comments about the banks.?

Please :roll spare us these lying dogs.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 29 Apr 2018, 07:33

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

I think you need to post more than a couple of emojis JS.

You definitely lost your sense of humour, and perspective there.

OKAY so I'll shut up now.

I didn't lose anything. Kids, and all family, is out of bounds. They're not on here so don't involve them.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 29 Apr 2018, 07:35

pinkeye wrote:Yet the government(s) let them continue to operate.

not only do they let them operate, they protect them by doing anything they can to make it harder to catch and prosecute them.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Return to Off Topic