virginity testing

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

virginity testing

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 09:54

Virginity testing: A white bedsheet, a bride's wedding night humiliation

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-06/virginity-testing-ritual-faces-growing-opposition-in-india/9619884


it's a long article so I won't put it all up. I'll just put up a few extracts that I found surprising



The groom is given a white cloth to use while having sex with his bride on their wedding night.

Their relatives and members of the village council sit outside the door of the couple's room until the act is complete.

Before the couple enters, the elders sweep the room for any sharp objects that may be used to produce blood.

The bride's bangles are removed so that she can't cut her skin with them.

And there's a time limit.

"Every five to 10 minutes they will keep on knocking and they will keep on asking if you are done with the intercourse," Priyanka said.

If nothing happens, the elders will go in and encourage the couple to watch porn or instruct them on how to have intercourse.

"They keep offering help to instigate sexual activity, like blue videos or medicines," Vivek said.

"In case the couple is not in the mindset, or they are not able to go through intercourse, they will even demonstrate to them with a real couple.

"They will send a couple inside and they will do the physical act in front of them, they will show them porn videos.


"They will do anything to pressure them, but they have to pass this test."

After sex, the groom is expected to display the white bedsheet for inspection by relatives and elders.

"He's supposed to tell the whole caste council consisting of 150, 200 people that, my 'product' was perfect, my 'product' was pure," Vivek said.

If the bride is deemed "impure", there are several possible outcomes.

She is often pressured tell the community elders who she has had sex with.

The process gives no credit to medical evidence that a woman's hymen can be ruptured without sexual intercourse, and that not all women bleed when it is broken.







:WTF :WTF


an appalling practice.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby Aussie » 06 Apr 2018, 11:01

No white sheet in my case!
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 6410
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: virginity testing

Postby mothra » 06 Apr 2018, 11:08

johnsmith wrote:Virginity testing: A white bedsheet, a bride's wedding night humiliation

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-06/virginity-testing-ritual-faces-growing-opposition-in-india/9619884


it's a long article so I won't put it all up. I'll just put up a few extracts that I found surprising



The groom is given a white cloth to use while having sex with his bride on their wedding night.

Their relatives and members of the village council sit outside the door of the couple's room until the act is complete.

Before the couple enters, the elders sweep the room for any sharp objects that may be used to produce blood.

The bride's bangles are removed so that she can't cut her skin with them.

And there's a time limit.

"Every five to 10 minutes they will keep on knocking and they will keep on asking if you are done with the intercourse," Priyanka said.

If nothing happens, the elders will go in and encourage the couple to watch porn or instruct them on how to have intercourse.

"They keep offering help to instigate sexual activity, like blue videos or medicines," Vivek said.

"In case the couple is not in the mindset, or they are not able to go through intercourse, they will even demonstrate to them with a real couple.

"They will send a couple inside and they will do the physical act in front of them, they will show them porn videos.


"They will do anything to pressure them, but they have to pass this test."

After sex, the groom is expected to display the white bedsheet for inspection by relatives and elders.

"He's supposed to tell the whole caste council consisting of 150, 200 people that, my 'product' was perfect, my 'product' was pure," Vivek said.

If the bride is deemed "impure", there are several possible outcomes.

She is often pressured tell the community elders who she has had sex with.

The process gives no credit to medical evidence that a woman's hymen can be ruptured without sexual intercourse, and that not all women bleed when it is broken.







:WTF :WTF


an appalling practice.



Historically, across cultures, women and girls have been killed for this.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 11:19

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:Virginity testing: A white bedsheet, a bride's wedding night humiliation

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-06/virginity-testing-ritual-faces-growing-opposition-in-india/9619884


it's a long article so I won't put it all up. I'll just put up a few extracts that I found surprising



The groom is given a white cloth to use while having sex with his bride on their wedding night.

Their relatives and members of the village council sit outside the door of the couple's room until the act is complete.

Before the couple enters, the elders sweep the room for any sharp objects that may be used to produce blood.

The bride's bangles are removed so that she can't cut her skin with them.

And there's a time limit.

"Every five to 10 minutes they will keep on knocking and they will keep on asking if you are done with the intercourse," Priyanka said.

If nothing happens, the elders will go in and encourage the couple to watch porn or instruct them on how to have intercourse.

"They keep offering help to instigate sexual activity, like blue videos or medicines," Vivek said.

"In case the couple is not in the mindset, or they are not able to go through intercourse, they will even demonstrate to them with a real couple.

"They will send a couple inside and they will do the physical act in front of them, they will show them porn videos.


"They will do anything to pressure them, but they have to pass this test."

After sex, the groom is expected to display the white bedsheet for inspection by relatives and elders.

"He's supposed to tell the whole caste council consisting of 150, 200 people that, my 'product' was perfect, my 'product' was pure," Vivek said.

If the bride is deemed "impure", there are several possible outcomes.

She is often pressured tell the community elders who she has had sex with.

The process gives no credit to medical evidence that a woman's hymen can be ruptured without sexual intercourse, and that not all women bleed when it is broken.







:WTF :WTF


an appalling practice.



Historically, across cultures, women and girls have been killed for this.



mum told me they once used to do something similar in southern Italy a long time ago. No one does it now thankfully.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby Dax » 06 Apr 2018, 11:44

You can expect nothing less from members of deranged ideologies, extremely primitive minds and way past their evolutionary use by date.
User avatar
Dax
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 13:07

Dax wrote:You can expect nothing less from members of deranged ideologies, extremely primitive minds and way past their evolutionary use by date.


it was once far more common than you might think.

I even heard tell of a 'lord' who ruled a region of southern Italy several hundred years ago who made it law that he had to be the first to bed a bride on her wedding night. And he had to find her a virgin or she and her new husband would be jailed. It had nothing to do with ideology, just a dirty bastard who liked virgins for himself.

I also heard that it was fairly common for a young couple looking to marry to travel out of that region to do so. They'd come back a few months after the wedding as man and wife, so it would be to late for the 'lord' to claim his prize.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby mothra » 06 Apr 2018, 13:16

johnsmith wrote:it was once far more common than you might think.

I even heard tell of a 'lord' who ruled a region of southern Italy several hundred years ago who made it law that he had to be the first to bed a bride on her wedding night. And he had to find her a virgin or she and her new husband would be jailed. It had nothing to do with ideology, just a dirty bastard who liked virgins for himself.



Bit off topic, but women give birth unnaturally on our backs because some loony monarch (one of the Loius', XIV i think)) liked to watch and that's how he got the best view. It caught on and is practised still .. no matter how much harder it makes it for mum and baby.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby Dax » 06 Apr 2018, 13:31

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:You can expect nothing less from members of deranged ideologies, extremely primitive minds and way past their evolutionary use by date.


it was once far more common than you might think.


Probably common in many societies, especially those within the god cult. You may find it hard to find a religious society of any belief where this didn't occur in some fashion or other, over their history. Just another example of how deranged religious beliefs are and their associated elitist hierarchy systems.
User avatar
Dax
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 13:45

Dax wrote:Just another example of how deranged religious beliefs are and their associated elitist hierarchy systems.


no arguments from me on that score.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby Gordy » 06 Apr 2018, 15:23

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:You can expect nothing less from members of deranged ideologies, extremely primitive minds and way past their evolutionary use by date.


it was once far more common than you might think.

I even heard tell of a 'lord' who ruled a region of southern Italy several hundred years ago who made it law that he had to be the first to bed a bride on her wedding night. And he had to find her a virgin or she and her new husband would be jailed. It had nothing to do with ideology, just a dirty bastard who liked virgins for himself.

I also heard that it was fairly common for a young couple looking to marry to travel out of that region to do so. They'd come back a few months after the wedding as man and wife, so it would be to late for the 'lord' to claim his prize.


I had an Italian GF from a very insular Italian farming community. We'd been living together for 6 months before I finally met the family and it was fucking hilarious.
Her mum and dad were very cool but one aunty was mentally a peasant from the old country. She screamed at me that I would 'take away her virgin' and then chuck her away and nobody would want her. Her brother pissed himself laughing and said what, you think slutty pants was a virgin after 15? Her mother said something in Italian and started crying.
Gordy
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Feb 2018, 11:37
spamone: Animal

Re: virginity testing

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 15:36

Gordy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:You can expect nothing less from members of deranged ideologies, extremely primitive minds and way past their evolutionary use by date.


it was once far more common than you might think.

I even heard tell of a 'lord' who ruled a region of southern Italy several hundred years ago who made it law that he had to be the first to bed a bride on her wedding night. And he had to find her a virgin or she and her new husband would be jailed. It had nothing to do with ideology, just a dirty bastard who liked virgins for himself.

I also heard that it was fairly common for a young couple looking to marry to travel out of that region to do so. They'd come back a few months after the wedding as man and wife, so it would be to late for the 'lord' to claim his prize.


I had an Italian GF from a very insular Italian farming community. We'd been living together for 6 months before I finally met the family and it was fucking hilarious.
Her mum and dad were very cool but one aunty was mentally a peasant from the old country. She screamed at me that I would 'take away her virgin' and then chuck her away and nobody would want her. Her brother pissed himself laughing and said what, you think slutty pants was a virgin after 15? Her mother said something in Italian and started crying.



the problem with many of the migrants from those small villages is that they were poorly educated, and once they moved here they surround themselves with other like minded people who've had the same experiences and who perpetuate their beliefs.

My mum came here at 19 yrs of age after only getting as far as 3rd class in primary school. She was surrounded by other italian women from the same area, she spoke little english , she didn't work, most of her shopping etc was done at Italian providores, only socialising with other italian women. She wholeheartedly believed that Aussie girls were sluts while Italian girls were the good vestal virgins she remembered from her youth. After about 20yrs she went back to her village for a holiday. She was shocked with what she saw and upon arriving back in Australia loudly apologised to every Australian girl she'd ever called a slut, citing that the girls she saw upon her return to her village were far far worse.


I booked a holiday there the very next week. :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal


Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests