courts occasionally get it right

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

courts occasionally get it right

Postby johnsmith » 05 Apr 2018, 19:00

A violent career criminal who used bedding to murder a Brisbane mother then raped her daughter has been jailed for at least 25 years.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/04/05/12/00/qld-murderer-child-rapist-jailed-for-life?ocid=Social-9NewsGC

I'm glad to see the courts occasionally get something right. This arsehole should never have been out on bail. Even 25 yrs isn't enough.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: courts occasionally get it right

Postby Dax » 05 Apr 2018, 19:31

Even the death penalty wouldn't deter scum like this. But maybe a sentence of like kind, may make even the worst moron think twice. Or they would face the same death as their victims and as the majority are cowards, it may have and effect.

Won't happen, life should mean natural life, not an economic or ideological one. To many of these creeps get out and do the same or worse.
Dax
Feral cat

Postby johnsmith » 05 Apr 2018, 19:42

Dax wrote:Even the death penalty wouldn't deter scum like this. But maybe a sentence of like kind, may make even the worst moron think twice. Or they would face the same death as their victims and as the majority are cowards, it may have and effect.

Won't happen, life should mean natural life, not an economic or ideological one. To many of these creeps get out and do the same or worse.

I actually know the family of the victims in this case.
He was a long time 'friend' of the victim and her daughters. The 12yr old girl he raped used to call him Uncle Jake. The guy deserves to rot in hell. I hope he gets bashed and raped every single day he is in jail.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 05 Apr 2018, 21:35

Oh. My heart. That child!
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 07 Apr 2018, 02:24

Dax wrote:Even the death penalty wouldn't deter scum like this. But maybe a sentence of like kind, may make even the worst moron think twice. Or they would face the same death as their victims and as the majority are cowards, it may have and effect.

And WAY TOO MANY never get caught at all. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Return to Off Topic