God suffering existential crisis after meeting Hawking

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

God suffering existential crisis after meeting Hawking

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 09:35

God suffering existential crisis after meeting Stephen Hawking

God crisis after meeting Stephen Hawking
Following the passing of the late Professor Stephen Hawking reports from Heaven today indicate that God is suffering an existential crisis having been defeated by Hawking’s logic.

God is understood to have personally popped down to say Hi and joke about the whole atheism thing, but following a brief private chat with the revered Professor, God appeared to wander away looking confused.

According to prominent angels God has since been wandering about muttering, “But I could swear I created it. Yes, there was a Big Bang from the kitchen around the same time but that was just coincidence – wasn’t it?

“Why does he keep claiming that we can’t understand what came before it? It was probably my bloody cat. It usually is. But then I was drinking that night. Did I dream all that Creation stuff? I have to admit he does make a very compelling argument for his version of events at the start of the universe.

“I mean, it’s more than possible he’s completely correct. Oh no, does that mean I’m not even real?”

In a statement released to the press, God’s less well known younger son Simon Williams confirmed, “Look, this is why we usually send all the scientists to Hell – so thank you, Professor Hawking. For nothing.

“Dad really liked that Theory of Everything film and insisted on bringing him up here for a chat – we said it was a bad idea but he wouldn’t listen.

“Never mind. I’ll try and get him to make Donald Trump do something stupid again. That usually cheers him up.”

http://newsthump.com/2018/03/14/god-suffering-existential-crisis-after-meeting-stephen-hawking/
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Re: God suffering existential crisis after meeting Hawking

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 18:49

mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 15 Mar 2018, 19:19

maybe hawking can ask god why he made him a cripple?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 19:22

johnsmith wrote:maybe hawking can ask god why he made him a cripple?

Probably got sick of making insects that bore out African children's eyes for an hour or two and thought he'd try his hand at something else.
mothra
Duck

Postby Vulcan » 15 Mar 2018, 21:59

I must say that Hawking did improve the 'respect' factor for all those out there with debilitating handicaps.
I know, when having done a few 'Art' courses - there are many 'Deaf' people doing them and they are far more 'visually' aware than the best of us 'normals'.
Van Gogh could only achieve their 'visual' improvement (for lack of hearing) by cutting of one of his ears in an effort to 'focus'.

Something lost, is something gained.
Chase a weakness, or follow a strength.
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Return to Off Topic