An International Women's Day quiz

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: An International Women's Day quiz

Postby mothra » 09 Mar 2018, 00:08

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:
pinkeye wrote:ummm I guess I'm smarter than the average bear 'cos two times no result. Umm how are you advised of your score.?

Dunno. You'll have to ask the people way smarter than me and you.

:rose

Well yeah I am waiting. So Mothra what's up?
I completed it twice. So ? WOT's MY SCORE.?

I just went by how many i got right.

I scored 7/10 ... and learned much.

How did you know which ones you got right.? I answered the questions... one after the other.. answers chosen highlighted in orange. I got NO RESULTS. SO I ask you again... if you would be so kind as to be SPECIFIC.!!! HOW did you get YOUR RESULT.?

I think the mistake you and Aussie made was not just answering the questions directly on the actual article page. Don't click on anything except the link i provided and answer the questions on that page. It lets you.

As soon as you submit your answers, the correct answers will appear in a box under the choices.
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 09 Mar 2018, 00:15

mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:
pinkeye wrote:ummm I guess I'm smarter than the average bear 'cos two times no result. Umm how are you advised of your score.?

Dunno. You'll have to ask the people way smarter than me and you.

:rose

Well yeah I am waiting. So Mothra what's up?
I completed it twice. So ? WOT's MY SCORE.?

I just went by how many i got right.

I scored 7/10 ... and learned much.

How did you know which ones you got right.? I answered the questions... one after the other.. answers chosen highlighted in orange. I got NO RESULTS. SO I ask you again... if you would be so kind as to be SPECIFIC.!!! HOW did you get YOUR RESULT.?

I think the mistake you and Aussie made was not just answering the questions directly on the actual article page. Don't click on anything except the link i provided and answer the questions on that page. It lets you.

As soon as you submit your answers, the correct answers will appear in a box under the choices.

UMMM I clicked on the link. How else would I have gotten to the Quiz. ?

So OK I'll try again.

I will click on the link, which brings up the page with the quiz. Like I have done twice already.
So.. answer me this... the q's come up with options..Y ES? You click on your preferred answer. It is high lighted ORANGE. YES.? I'm not going to do the same thing 3 times in a row for no result.

So, when you click on your answer (highlighted in ORANGE) you get a response each time with a yes or NO? Is this CORRECT.? Is THAT what you were trying to explain to me.?
Please do try to be clear in your reply.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 09 Mar 2018, 00:23

Pink, i'm not sure what you're seeing. I see nothing orange.

I open the link. There is an heading, a photo and an introduction.

Then the questions start.

There are multiple answers to choose from.

You click on the answer you think is correct.

If it is correct, it turns green and some information about the answer appears.

If it is incorrect, it turns red and a green box with the correct information and explanation about the answer appear.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if it doesn't. I'll copy and paste the questions and answers in here for you. I'm not working tomorrow so i have time to help you with this. I want to help you with this.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 09 Mar 2018, 00:31

Oh the orange stuff is at the bottom of the page!

Ignore all that. I didn't even scroll down that far.

Just click on what you think the answer is. The correct answer will appear in a green box.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 09 Mar 2018, 00:54

mothra wrote:Oh the orange stuff is at the bottom of the page!

Ignore all that. I didn't even scroll down that far.

Just click on what you think the answer is. The correct answer will appear in a green box.

Umm I really don't think I'm seeing what you all are seeing because i get no green, orany other colour than orange. Oh well... I'll give it one more go.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 09 Mar 2018, 00:59

No good. The introduction you refer to is about a fun quiz and talks about perceptions about women It has a Guardian Banner.

At the end of the longish intro is the first question. I click on the answer... it goes orange.

Enough . Not going to do it again.

I rate MYSELF 100%.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 09 Mar 2018, 01:08

pinkeye wrote:No good. The introduction you refer to is about a fun quiz and talks about perceptions about women It has a Guardian Banner.

At the end of the longish intro is the first question. I click on the answer... it goes orange.

I rate MYSELF 100%.

Well done then. Superstar!
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 09 Mar 2018, 01:26

mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:No good. The introduction you refer to is about a fun quiz and talks about perceptions about women It has a Guardian Banner.

I rate MYSELF 100%.

Well done then. Superstar!

Indeed. :)

Jeez I wish there was a nice calm smiley face emoji.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Previous

Return to Off Topic