Meal allowance

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Meal allowance

Postby johnsmith » 03 Mar 2018, 08:56

Just reading through some of the crap on ozpol about this

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1519867822/15

it's ridiculous that pollies get $180 a day meal allowance. That is on top of their $273 a day living away from home allowance

especially when you consider that most of them, or their partners, own a property in canberra in the first place. What a scam. I stay at my wife's house when in canberra and i get to claim both.

I had A quick look at what our soldiers get for meal allowance and they are only entitled to about $100 a day (if they're out of country ...those in country get less), and only if they're unable to access the provisions and food provided by the army. I think the soldiers deserve to eat better than the poli's. they have to march all day. pollies sit on their arses and waste our money

Parliament has a cafeteriafor fucks sake, let the fat slobs eat there.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Re: Meal allowance

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Mar 2018, 15:18

Absolutely!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Off Topic