Commonwealth Games

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Commonwealth Games

Postby johnsmith » 02 Mar 2018, 18:54

Was just chatting to a neighbour who told me that she's working as a driver for the com games.

As she's a single stay at home mum so I thought great, a good opportunity for her to make a little extra cash

According to her she has to be at the waiting area all day, every day, until 1 am. When they need a driver they're allocated a vehicle and told where to go. They have a total of 1400 drivers available to them.
When I asked her what they're paying she said NOTHING. They're given some games merchandise but otherwise they get nothing

what a scam. Some people will make a fortune out of these games, they should at least pay their drivers the minimum wage. Especially if they expect them to hang around all day until 1 in the morning.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Re: Commonwealth Games

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Mar 2018, 19:24

That’s crap! The drivers have to be there, buy food and drink—they have costs!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 02 Mar 2018, 19:43

Mind you....Cabbies will have their arses worked off.....but how is this scheme legit? It can only be legit if those drivers do not get paid anything. Why would they bother? Arsehole bludging Government!
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 02 Mar 2018, 20:36

HBS Guy wrote:That’s crap! The drivers have to be there, buy food and drink—they have costs!

no. Cars are supplied. So is lunch and dinner. Still, if you want them on standby for the day you should pay them something
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 02 Mar 2018, 20:38

Aussie wrote:Mind you....Cabbies will have their arses worked off.....but how is this scheme legit? It can only be legit if those drivers do not get paid anything. Why would they bother? Arsehole bludging Government!

i don't know how cabbies will go. All games zones are closed off to all traffic except commonwealth games authorised cars. Cabbies won't get anywhere near the venues ... although they'll do well to and from airport
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 02 Mar 2018, 20:38

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:That’s crap! The drivers have to be there, buy food and drink—they have costs!

no. Cars are supplied. So is lunch and dinner. Still, if you want them on standby for the day you should pay them something

Gee..where are these cars coming from and what happens to them post Games? Government flooding the market?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 02 Mar 2018, 20:39

Aussie wrote:but how is this scheme legit?

don't know ....if drivers aren't paid they're not covered by workers comp
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 02 Mar 2018, 20:40

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Gee..where are these cars coming from and what happens to them post Games? Government flooding the market?

no idea ... GC turf club is full of cars at the moment all with GC com games stickers on them. They may also be required to drive vans and mini buses
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Return to Off Topic