Circumcision

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Circumcision

Postby mothra » 29 Mar 2018, 15:01

Lefty wrote:Can you tell much of a difference when it's up? (sorry, I don;t make a habit of looking at other blokes dicks so I'm not sure)

Not really, no.
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby Lefty » 30 Mar 2018, 06:41

mothra wrote:
Lefty wrote:Can you tell much of a difference when it's up? (sorry, I don;t make a habit of looking at other blokes dicks so I'm not sure)

Not really, no.

Well that should solve Pink's issues with it as long as she doesn't look any other time :bgrin

btw - is your handle based on a series of Japanese movies by any chance?
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby mothra » 30 Mar 2018, 10:31

Lefty wrote:btw - is your handle based on a series of Japanese movies by any chance?

I kicked Godzilla'a arse!
mothra
Duck

Postby Dax » 30 Mar 2018, 11:48

Circumcision of both male and female, should be classed as child abuse and banned.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 30 Mar 2018, 23:16

Dax wrote:Circumcision of both male and female, should be classed as child abuse and banned.

I thinl female genital mutilation is most certainly child abuse.

Male circumcision..? I think it's a preferred option for some, and not for others. The main thing is it's a relatively minor operation which , as far as I know, does not cause any harm, and after all.. we don't seek to HARM our children , do we.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Mar 2018, 02:50

Let the male decide as an adult!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 31 Mar 2018, 06:05

pinkeye wrote:
Dax wrote:Circumcision of both male and female, should be classed as child abuse and banned.

Male circumcision..? I think it's a preferred option for some, and not for others. The main thing is it's a relatively minor operation which , as far as I know, does not cause any harm, and after all.. we don't seek to HARM our children , do we.?

What's the difference between make and female mutilation, both are carried out against nature and for religious/ideological reasons, no logic or health. From what I've read and heard over the years, there are big differences between circumcised and uncircumcised, in feeling, performance and health.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lefty » 31 Mar 2018, 07:02

mothra wrote:
Lefty wrote:btw - is your handle based on a series of Japanese movies by any chance?

Damn that is one big moth!!!
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby Lefty » 31 Mar 2018, 07:07

pinkeye wrote:

The effects are less far-reaching than when performed on females. However, I agree with JM - let them decide as an adult. The procedure is 100% unnecessary in almost 100% of cases.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby mothra » 31 Mar 2018, 12:08

Lefty wrote:
mothra wrote:

Got my own song and everything!

mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 31 Mar 2018, 19:11

mothra wrote:
Lefty wrote:
mothra wrote:

CRIKEY.!! :bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Squire » 01 Apr 2018, 01:02

pinkeye wrote:

In the USA there are around 119-229 deaths a year from circumcision. This may be the tip of the iceberg as circumcision deaths may be attributed to other causes such as infectious disease or anesthesia.

http://www.cirp.org/library/death/

Circumcision Deaths
Some babies die of complications of circumcision.1 There has been a need to assemble information concerning death from complications of circumcision in one convenient location. This page is designed to fill that need.

Deaths occur secondary to loss of blood or systemic infection from the circumcision wound.

A few deaths are reported in the medical literature. Other medical literature discusses the frequency of those deaths. A few deaths are reported in the popular press.

There is reason to believe that many deaths from circumcision are attributed to other causes. For example, if a baby were to die of meningitis that was contracted through the circumcision wound, the death may be attributed to meningitis while ignoring the fact that the baby would not have had meningitis if he had not been circumcised.

Circumcision originated before the dawn of history. There was no knowledge of sanitation or the need for a sterile operating environment. Jews have traditionally performed circumcision on the eighth day after birth for many thousands of years. The medical literature was still reporting numerous deaths from ritual circumcision in the early twentieth century.2, 3 There must have been vast numbers of babies who died under those conditions through the centuries. Jewish law allows parents who have had three sons die from circumcision to leave the fourth son intact.6

Doctors are highly motivated to conceal the true cause of circumcision death. Neonatal circumcision has no medical indication and is now considered to be an unnecessary7 non-therapeutic8 operation. It is unethical to carry out such operations on minors who cannot consent for themselves.9 Consequently, most doctors who have a baby die after a circumcision would prefer to attribute the results of his unethical operation to secondary causes, such as infection or bleeding, while ignoring the primary cause, which is the circumcision that resulted in the infection or bleeding. It is, therefore, very hard to identify the total number of deaths that occur from circumcision. One senses that one may be seeing only the "tip of the iceberg," with the vast majority of deaths from circumcision being concealed. The deaths undoubtedly cause an increase in infant mortality. Male infant mortality is higher than female infant mortality. It is not known how much of this increased mortality is due to the practice of male circumcision.

Several doctors have given estimates of the number of deaths that occur each year. Douglas Gairdner reported 16-19 actual deaths a year in England and Wales from neonatal circumcisions in the 1940s.10 Sydney Gellis believed that "there are more deaths from complications of circumcision than from cancer of the penis.11 There are various figures for the number of deaths from penile cancer ranging from 200 to 480 deaths per year. Robert Baker estimated 229 deaths per year from circumcision in the United States.12 Bollinger estimated that approximately 119 infant boys die from circumcision-related each year in the U.S. (1.3% of all male neonatal deaths from all causes).52

There are several case reports of death in the medical literature. These are deaths from various infections.2-5,13-15 Sauer reported the death of an 18-day-old infant from Staphylococcal bronco-pneumonia.5 Hiss et al. reported the death of an infant in Israel from haemorrhage and hypovolemic shock after ritual circumcision.21

There are several newspaper accounts of boys who have died after circumcision. These are from bleeding and from complications of anesthesia.16-17,19-21,22-36
Squire
Irish wolfhound

Postby pinkeye » 01 Apr 2018, 02:02

So I see my assumptions about male circumcision may be based on relative ignorance.

Male circumcision is an accepted practice. however, and surgical procedures always present a risk.

Female circumcision is illegal and so extreme as to be a major health hazard for ALL young female children who are circumcised.

I'd be interested to hear from you Squire, about statistics relating to infections and death in Female circumcision cases.

Do you think you could find such statistics. ??
Do you think such records exist.? Yes Please DO show us that information as well.

That would be really helpful.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Lefty » 01 Apr 2018, 02:27

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
Lefty wrote:
mothra wrote:

A moth that can take down a 30-story tall reptillian monster with laser beams from it's eyes deserves to have it's own song! :bgrin

I stumbled across it while watching youtube videos by this bloke who does movie reviews and realised there was probably a connection to mothra's handle :jump
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby Lefty » 01 Apr 2018, 02:31

pinkeye wrote:So I see my assumptions about male circumcision may be based on relative ignorance.

Male circumcision is an accepted practice. however, and surgical procedures always present a risk.

Female circumcision is illegal and so extreme as to be a major health hazard for ALL young female children who are circumcised.

I'd be interested to hear from you Squire, about statistics relating to infections and death in Female circumcision cases.

Do you think such records exist.? Yes Please DO show us that information as well.

It's an accepted practice but there exists virtually no medical necessity for it to be done routinely - the practice is entirely religious/cultural.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby Dax » 01 Apr 2018, 06:38

pinkeye wrote:So I see my assumptions about male circumcision may be based on relative ignorance.

A few years ago, when there was a debate about male circumcision, it was women who seemed to have no idea of the effects it has on a male, not only the physical side, but the psychological and women felt it was fine. Yet they all jump on the bandwagon when discussing female circumcision, which is a great example of double standards and hypocrisy.

In the final decades of the last century, there were papers released which indicated male depression was more prominent in circumcised males, compared to non circumscribed. They also claimed gambling and substance addiction, was more prevalent in circumcised males.

When you look at the cultures which demand circumcision, you soon see their mental state is warped and they are mainly muslim, jews and warped Christians. They claim there is no difference is feeling etc, but the scientific facts are the opposite as the sensitivity has to be compromised when nature provides a shield to protect it and it's surgically removed.

The claim of disease being spread by non circumcised, is purely because of lack of hygiene and pathetic education.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 01 Apr 2018, 12:39

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
Lefty wrote:
mothra wrote:

I flap mightily.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 01 Apr 2018, 12:40

Lefty wrote:
A moth that can take down a 30-story tall reptillian monster with laser beams from it's eyes deserves to have it's own song! :bgrin

I stumbled across it while watching youtube videos by this bloke who does movie reviews and realised there was probably a connection to mothra's handle :jump

Best. Movies. Ever.
mothra
Duck

Postby Squire » 01 Apr 2018, 13:37

Do you want me to manage your life in my spare time? Google it yourself.
Squire
Irish wolfhound

Postby Squire » 01 Apr 2018, 13:44

What if male circumcision causes extremism in Jews and Muslims.

What if a Jewish baby's earliest memory is of an old bearded man in black clothes and black hat sucking on his penis after cutting the foreskin off while the baby's parents look on joyfully?

What if the baby remembers the throng of enthralled audience members?

How hygienic is that?

Squire
Irish wolfhound

Postby Squire » 01 Apr 2018, 13:57

Circumcision is an archaic, anachronistic religious ritual. There is no mention in any archaic religious documents that it was performed for medical or health reasons.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-it-s-time-to-give-up-circumcision-1.5455524

Opinion It's Time to Give Up Circumcision
Judaism can survive in the post-ethnic world only if its rabbis give up the ceremony of cutting off babies' foreskins of their own initiative

Yigal Ben-Nun Oct 04, 2017 2:34 AM

Circumcision, eating restrictions and resting on Shabbat differentiated Jews from the polytheistic nations of the Hellenist world and the Roman Empire. But during the period of the Jewish commonwealth and most of the Persian period, residents of the kingdoms of Israel and Judah didnt circumcise their sons. All the kings of Israel and Judah, from King David through Zedekiah, were uncircumcised. The prophets, from Amos and Hosea to Jeremiah and Ezekiel, were also uncircumcised.

So why did the Jews adopt this problematic, sickening act as the sole definer of their identity? Hasnt the time come for Judaism to abandon male circumcision, out of the same loathing that we feel toward female circumcision?

In the Bible, the phrase And she conceived and bore a son appears around 65 times, but not the obvious follow-up: She conceived and bore a son and circumcised him and named him X. The reason is obvious: The theological command that appears in the cycle of stories about Abraham in the Book of Genesis was written only toward the end of the Persian era. Only then did cutting off the foreskin of an 8-day-old baby receive the significance of forging a covenant between the people and its God.

Until then, cutting off the foreskin was connected to a popular belief rooted in fear of demons, and specifically in protecting against a demon which attacks adults who didnt remove their foreskins before embarking on a journey through the desert. An echo of this demonic custom can be found in the Book of Exodus (4:24-26), which describes Moses journey from his father-in-laws house in Midian en route to meeting his brother in Egypt. The reason for Gods decision to kill Moses becomes clear when his wife Zipporah decides to cut off his foreskin (not that of her son), thereby saving Moses from death.

In 1933, two Canaanite amulets with oaths on them were discovered at the archaeological site of Arslan Tash (Hadatu) in northern Syria. This ancient visual source, like the Talmudic legends, bolsters the demonic explanation for circumcision...
Squire
Irish wolfhound

Postby pinkeye » 01 Apr 2018, 21:53

Dax wrote:

A few years ago, when there was a debate about male circumcision, it was women who seemed to have no idea of the effects it has on a male, not only the physical side, but the psychological and women felt it was fine. Yet they all jump on the bandwagon when discussing female circumcision, which is a great example of double standards and hypocrisy.

In the final decades of the last century, there were papers released which indicated male depression was more prominent in circumcised males, compared to non circumscribed. They also claimed gambling and substance addiction, was more prevalent in circumcised males.

When you look at the cultures which demand circumcision, you soon see their mental state is warped and they are mainly muslim, jews and warped Christians. They claim there is no difference is feeling etc, but the scientific facts are the opposite as the sensitivity has to be compromised when nature provides a shield to protect it and it's surgically removed.

The claim of disease being spread by non circumcised, is purely because of lack of hygiene and pathetic education.

Umm DAX? do you KNOW what happens during a female circumcision.? Have you any idea.? I doubt you've ever allowed yourself to fully consider it. Else this comparison wouldn't feel so comfy to you.
If you did... surely you couldn't make such a remark.
Clearly your focus is on male circumcision. And why not? ços you are a male after all.

You cannot compare them IN ANY SENSE, except they are operations on external genitalia. And may have religious/cultural reasons.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 02 Apr 2018, 07:38

pinkeye wrote:Umm DAX? do you KNOW what happens during a female circumcision.? Have you any idea.? I doubt you've ever allowed yourself to fully consider it. Else this comparison wouldn't feel so comfy to you.
Clearly your focus is on male circumcision. And why not? ços you are a male after all.

You cannot compare them IN ANY SENSE, except they are operations on external genitalia. And may have religious/cultural reasons.

Typical sexist response, it's cool for male babies to be tortured and left with a life of mental pain and physical suffering, but not females.

Of course I know what happens during female circumcision, but it is the women of the cultures who advocate and support this barbarity, more than men. Male or female, it make no difference, it is a degenerate barbaric act, which provides a macabre form of satisfaction for the torturers and their supporters.

My focus would be in bringing sanity back into society, which means no form of genital mutilation for anyone and the removal of religious cultural influence from Aus society. You seem to represent the growing female sexism mob, that is rife within society and fragmenting it rapidly. It's just another representation of the me me society and bugger the reality of the future, useless humans are desperately trying to create. Which another fantasy land day dream and one which will bring them down, just like every insane ideological belief is doing.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby Squire » 02 Apr 2018, 23:10

Fair suck.

The oral suction of the penis following circumcision by Jewish Mohels increase the risk of Herpes infections by 400% compared to non-oral-suction circumcisions.

Why for Christ's sake is oral suction practiced when there is no health or medical reason for it? Why is it allowed? How are perverts prevented from becoming Mohels?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/08/15/regulating-oral-suction-of-blood-after-circumcision-and-the-first-amendment/?utm_term=.e8a3e1522664

Do regulations of oral suction of blood after circumcision violate the Free Exercise Clause?
By Eugene Volokh August 15, 2014 Email the author

Some Hasidic Jews practice “metzitzah b’peh,” in which the mohel — the specially trained person performing the circumcision — uses oral suction “to draw blood from the area of the circumcision wound.” “Some Jewish religious authorities maintain that [metzitzah b’peh] is the proper means, and some deem it the only acceptable means, under Jewish law,” to draw off the blood.

There is, however, evidence — though contested evidence — that metzizah b’peh can in rare instances cause death or brain damage for the infants, because of transmission of Herpex Simplex Virus to the child. (According to the city, “[t]he type [of virus] at issue here, HSV‐1, is present in 60% of American adults and 73% of adults in New York City.”) There are apparently about 15 cases of neonatal HSV-1 infection in the 125,000 yearly births in New York City; from the court’s summary of the facts, it appears that there are on average three deaths per year under such circumstances, and several instances of brain damage per year.

According to the New York City’s studies (which are apparently controversial), “the practice of [metzizah b’peh] potentially contributes to the 10% of HSV infections among infants that occur after birth.” And since the practice occurs only among a small subset of the population, a study cited by the City concluded that the rate of infection among children on whom metzizah b’peh was performed “was three to four times greater than for males born in New York City who did not have direct oral suction.”
Squire
Irish wolfhound

Postby pinkeye » 03 Apr 2018, 01:18

Dax wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Umm DAX? do you KNOW what happens during a female circumcision.? Have you any idea.? I doubt you've ever allowed yourself to fully consider it. Else this comparison wouldn't feel so comfy to you.

Typical sexist response, it's cool for male babies to be tortured and left with a life of mental pain and physical suffering, but not females.

Of course I know what happens during female circumcision, but it is the women of the cultures who advocate and support this barbarity, more than men. Male or female, it make no difference, it is a degenerate barbaric act, which provides a macabre form of satisfaction for the torturers and their supporters.

My focus would be in bringing sanity back into society, which means no form of genital mutilation for anyone and the removal of religious cultural influence from Aus society. You seem to represent the growing female sexism mob, that is rife within society and fragmenting it rapidly. It's just another representation of the me me society and bugger the reality of the future, useless humans are desperately trying to create. Which another fantasy land day dream and one which will bring them down, just like every insane ideological belief is doing.

Just so you know I started this topic to find out what people thought. I have no hesitation, after reading some of this literature, to condemn ALL such operations, whether they be performed on male or female.

I do find it interesting that there appears to be no commonly available statistics on the harm of female 'circumcision'. Also that as males you're totally focussed on your own.

My original topic kicked off somewhat facetiously,by my comment that I much prefer a circumcised male for sexual and esthetic reasons.

I still feel that way, but hey the woman of the future may never know, what I know. :tweed That's as it may be.

No... if you all are so traumatised by an operation usually performed before you would ever remember it.. thats your problem. Sort it out.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic