Drivers who TEXT

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Drivers who TEXT

Postby pinkeye » 19 Feb 2018, 00:19

This is a hard one to talk about honestly.

Seems lots of people do it.
IMHO
This behaviour is suicidal. ! It is suicide thru ignorance, need, greed, or whatever reason people have for texting and driving.

It is suicidal behaviour..uncaring behaviour, except it is NOT presented in this manner.

How can people be so uncaring of consequences?. To themselves and others?.

Not only is it suicidal, but it is also homicidal. And the people who do it are oblivious.

Till they kill someone. Of course, if they die themselves at the same time, they'll never UNDERSTAND what happened.!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Re: Drivers who TEXT

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Feb 2018, 08:57

pinkeye wrote:This is a hard one to talk about honestly.

IMHO
This behaviour is suicidal. ! It is suicide thru ignorance, need, greed, or whatever reason people have for texting and driving.

It is suicidal behaviour..uncaring behaviour, except it is NOT presented in this manner.

Not only is it suicidal, but it is also homicidal. And the people who do it are oblivious.

Till they kill someone. Of course, if they die themselves at the same time, they'll never UNDERSTAND what happened.!!

'Smartphone' is the biggest misnomer of the century.

They should be called 'Empty Headed Fuckwit Phones'.

In the Perth CBD now, people don't even bother to lift their heads to check for traffic when walking across the road.

Their eyes are permanently fixed on their little screens (looking at absolute rubbish).

The ones who text whilst driving should lose their licences.

First offence - $2,000 fine, 6 month loss of licence, and confiscation and destruction of phone (with no provision for an extraordinary licence).

Second offence - $5,000 fine,12 months suspension, and confiscation and destruction of phone.

Third offence - $10,000 fine, life suspension, and confiscation and destruction of phone and car.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 19 Feb 2018, 17:25

FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Feb 2018, 17:52

The bitch that ran into the back of my Laser a few years ago likely was texting or talking on her phone. $4700 worth of damage, $700 out of my pocket. She didn’t care—she was driving a work car. :S
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 19 Feb 2018, 21:58

greggerypeccary wrote:
pinkeye wrote:This is a hard one to talk about honestly.

IMHO

'Smartphone' is the biggest misnomer of the century.

They should be called 'Empty Headed Fuckwit Phones'.

In the Perth CBD now, people don't even bother to lift their heads to check for traffic when walking across the road.

Their eyes are permanently fixed on their little screens (looking at absolute rubbish).

The ones who text whilst driving should lose their licences.

First offence - $2,000 fine, 6 month loss of licence, and confiscation and destruction of phone (with no provision for an extraordinary licence).

Second offence - $5,000 fine,12 months suspension, and confiscation and destruction of phone.

Third offence - $10,000 fine, life suspension, and confiscation and destruction of phone and car.

Oh I think I agree with the thrust of your post.
Third Offence might be a little to heavy tho. Mainly because I think people CAN CHANGE, given the proper incentives.

I've long thought of my phone as a 'dumb'phone. I'd be happy with the ability to call, text, check the radar, and photo. The rest can fuck off.
I like a quiet life. I turn my mobile off at night, and often don't turn it on again till early afternoon. It annoys the fuck out of people.
But, you know my friends have my silent landline. Only prob with THAT? the NBN. FFS. Half the day it doesn't work.!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby Vulcan » 21 Feb 2018, 20:37

Doing Traffic Control at night on a Sydney Freeway.
At least one a night that drives straight into the 'zone' because they were texting.

Now I work Cabbie. Not every cab has 'bluetooth' - so I pull over when they ring me, rather than use two-way either.
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Feb 2018, 21:03

If you are talking on the phone, holding it or via bluetooth (I can do that with my iPhone6 and Tomtom SatNav) you are talking on the phone and will forget the road.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 21 Feb 2018, 23:01

HBS Guy wrote:If you are talking on the phone, holding it or via bluetooth (I can do that with my iPhone6 and Tomtom SatNav) you are talking on the phone and will forget the road.

I have a friend who is very busy.. two businesses, one mobile. She is always on Bluetooth while driving. Last month she was taking me to a Dental Clinic, and got LOST, coming to my place. She'd been here before. She knew the way. She also got off the freeway at the wrong exit... :grn

I made it with a sprint to registry. She was so embarrassed, but was in the middle of lots of negotiations. I confess to being a little scared.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Return to Off Topic