Anti-pervert flamethrowers

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Anti-pervert flamethrowers

Postby mothra » 02 Feb 2018, 15:35

Lefty wrote:It could well be if you actually use it as a weapon. QLD Police Service categories of weapons....

Category M weapons

Each of the following is a category M weapon--

(a) any clothing, apparel, accessory or article designed to disguise any weapon or other cutting or piercing instrument capable of causing bodily harm;

(b) any knife so designed or constructed so as to be used as a weapon that while the knife is held in hand, the blade may be released by that hand;

(c) any clothing, apparel, adornment or accessory designed for use as a weapon or a cutting or piercing instrument capable of causing bodily harm;

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/licenceapplication/weapons/categories/categories.htm

Not that I would hesitate to use anything I could get my hands on if half-a-dozen young blokes were threatening to stomp me to death. I guess you have to be able to prove that the danger was real.

From the same weapons category list...

Category E weapons

A bulletproof vest or protective body vest or body armour designed to prevent the penetration of small arms projectiles is a category E weapon.

:WTF How the hell is a bullet-proof vest an offensive weapon? What are you going to do, take it off and belt the guy around the head with it?

So, a key is illegal?

Like to see that prosecuted.
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:29

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:Nasty. Doubt it would be legal anywhere?

Not fucking around, are they.

Nope. Not legal. But then again, neither is sexual assault.

Nor is entrapment!

:beer :bike :bike
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:31

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:

Aye. Rather the victim suffer than the man perpetrating the offense. NOT IN MY PLACE.! :mad

You can actually buy mini-flame throwers in kitchen retail areas. To Brulee don't you know. :bgrin :roll Mind you, they don't sport such a long flame. :bgrin
I got one at ALDI. :bgrin :bgrin

The first noble truth!

Hallelujah :roll
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:33

mothra wrote:Years ago, when i was doing a self defence course, the instructor taught us the key trick ... you know, hold your keys in your fist when your walking alone with one sticking out from between your fingers.

Well, i bought my daughter one of these for her last birthday:

It's ideal because it can't be taken off you easily and used against you ... a very real problem with most weapons.

How many men have you buried?
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:35

mothra wrote:Years ago, when i was doing a self defence course, the instructor taught us the key trick ... you know, hold your keys in your fist when your walking alone with one sticking out from between your fingers.

It's ideal because it can't be taken off you easily and used against you ... a very real problem with most weapons.

A weapon being taken off you is a problem with all weapons: then you’re in big trouble!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:36

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
ouch

Indeed. Temples, eyes or throat, her loving mother told her.

You mean you taught them entrapment techniques by mistake?

:rain
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 02 Feb 2018, 17:36

MilesAway wrote:

How many men have you buried?

Why bury good flesh?
mothra
Duck

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:38

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
ouch

you're a good mamma

Not if she taught them to believe in slutwalk with the other side of their brain!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 02 Feb 2018, 17:38

MilesAway wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
ouch

No. I taught her how to keep herself safe.
mothra
Duck

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:39

mothra wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
ouch

...you mean by telling her slutwalk was not a very safe idea espoused by the modern day feminists she calls her friends?
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:43

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
ouch

you're a good mamma

Damn straight. And after she's incapacitated them, she's to call me and i'll pop over with my trusty potato peeler.

Apparently the Japanese had it all figured out in glorious colours too!

Everyone’s got a plan until they get hit....

Prevention is better than the cure: ban slutwalk I say :beer
Last edited by MilesAway on 02 Feb 2018, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 02 Feb 2018, 17:44

MilesAway wrote:
mothra wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
ouch

...you mean by telling her slutwalk was not a very safe idea espoused by the modern day feminists she calls her friends?

Yes. Where you tempted while watching?

Did you ... touch yourself in your special place?
mothra
Duck

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:46

mothra wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
mothra wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
ouch

Did you ... touch yourself in your special place?

You don’t like to admit slutwalk is a very bad idea do you?

:zzzz :zzzz

Hey, I know: get the scissors out and make the bad man go away because you’re a spastic :roll

MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 17:51

mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Beats me. I'd like a couple. of course... they're good for confidence, but, unless they are worn on the knuckles everytime the owner leaves the car, house etc, they''d be pretty hard to put on, in the face of an agressive attack.

That's the thing. You've got to condition yourself to be prepared to defend yourself whenever you're alone.

Whenever i walk alone, i hold my keys in my fist with one (special favourite) key extended from between my clenched fingers. It's habit.

I'm not a violent person ... very far from it .... but if someone tries to in any way violate me, they will be made to fight very hard in trying.

I remember as a young girl reading a double page spread in the paper (Murdoch press, of course) in which a female police woman gave advice to women on dealing with sexual assault. Her advice was to not fight back. To do so, she argued, could cost you your life. So she counselled us to submit. Close our eyes and think of England ... and all that. Maybe then he'll let you live when he's finished with you.

I have learned otherwise in my travels. Not before i was very badly hurt ... but within enough time for me to stop that kind of hurt for my own future and that of others. Notably, my cat key-chain wielding daughter.

The reasons women don't fight back (or to extend this to a very topical issue, report) are manifold. I From it being seen as unattractive to be strong and capable ... to not wanting to make things worse.

I've taught my daughter to kick, scream, gouge, and punch. Make things worse. For them.

How about prevention?
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 02 Feb 2018, 20:23

Indeed.

I think free-thinking Australians have to realise that the Australia we always thought we were citizens of, has disappeared. We live in some other place now. and it is sad to say, but If I chose to travel anywhere now, I'd try for my (obvious) dual citizenship, and get a KIWI passport.

THAT, in fact will not happen, for various reasons, BUT

once upon a time Australia meant something positive.

I suspect I'm off-topic.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 02 Feb 2018, 20:32

MilesAway wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:

Aye. Rather the victim suffer than the man perpetrating the offense. NOT IN MY PLACE.! :mad

You can actually buy mini-flame throwers in kitchen retail areas. To Brulee don't you know. :bgrin :roll Mind you, they don't sport such a long flame. :bgrin
I got one at ALDI. :bgrin :bgrin

The first noble truth!

Hallelujah :roll

YEA.... praise ME.... praise ME,... praise ME.,.PRAISE ME.................. like you should.. :thumb

Hey DRAY.. I'm full of NOBLE TRUTHS.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 20:35

pinkeye wrote:Indeed.

I think free-thinking Australians have to realise that the Australia we always thought we were citizens of, has disappeared. We live in some other place now. and it is sad to say, but If I chose to travel anywhere now, I'd try for my (obvious) dual citizenship, and get a KIWI passport.

THAT, in fact will not happen, for various reasons, BUT

once upon a time Australia meant something positive.

I suspect I'm off-topic.

Nah, you’re on the topic of big city problems stemming from mass immigration!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 02 Feb 2018, 21:10

Yae I have NOBLE TRUTHS.

I think the best prevention is a cure. It seems to me, that all men need educating about today's real world.

Men need to UNDERSTAND that times have changed. OH YEAH MEN still hold THAT WHIP HAND.!! But I'd advise you guys to prepare to learn about the new world. Where women aren't slaves. Where women can walk down a street without being at risk of assault and violence, regardless of what they are actually WEARING as clothes. Personally , as an older woman, I find I still attract male attention. I am Gorgeous by the way. The sort of woman you would love to have had. OH the EGO BOOST. ! Well you can go and get fucked somewhere else, you weak pissants.

And yeah I am talking to YOU DRAY, AND ALL OF YOUR ILK.

OH OH I know you despise women... but that is too bad DRAY. Women represent among the very best of human beings, and WE HAVE THE STRENGTH TO OVERCOME ASSAULTS.
bUT WE DIE WEEKLY AT THE HANDS OF OUR PARTNERS, OR FORMER PARTNERS. you cannot deny this. yet, you still blame women. if ONE HUSBAND A WEEK WAS KILLED BY HIS PARTNER..??? would that be OK.? Would you suggest prevention? What would that be..??

No. I taught her how to keep herself safe.[/quote]
...you mean by telling her slutwalk was not a very safe idea espoused by the modern day feminists she calls her friends?[/quote]

Did you ... touch yourself in your special place?[/quote]
You don’t like to admit slutwalk is a very bad idea do you?

Hey, I know: get the scissors out and make the bad man go away because you’re a spastic :roll

:zzzz :zzzz[/quote][/quote]
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 02 Feb 2018, 23:28

Everyone’s got a plan until they get hit....

Prevention is better than the cure: ban slutwalk I say :beer[/quote]

And here we have it Fuckwit.

Please tell me.. what is 'slutwalk'?.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Lefty » 03 Feb 2018, 02:00

mothra wrote:
Lefty wrote:It could well be if you actually use it as a weapon. QLD Police Service categories of weapons....

Category M weapons

Each of the following is a category M weapon--

(a) any clothing, apparel, accessory or article designed to disguise any weapon or other cutting or piercing instrument capable of causing bodily harm;

(b) any knife so designed or constructed so as to be used as a weapon that while the knife is held in hand, the blade may be released by that hand;

(c) any clothing, apparel, adornment or accessory designed for use as a weapon or a cutting or piercing instrument capable of causing bodily harm;

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/licenceapplication/weapons/categories/categories.htm

Not that I would hesitate to use anything I could get my hands on if half-a-dozen young blokes were threatening to stomp me to death. I guess you have to be able to prove that the danger was real.

From the same weapons category list...

Category E weapons

A bulletproof vest or protective body vest or body armour designed to prevent the penetration of small arms projectiles is a category E weapon.

:WTF How the hell is a bullet-proof vest an offensive weapon? What are you going to do, take it off and belt the guy around the head with it?

So, a key is illegal?

Like to see that prosecuted.

No a key is not illegal - and I wouldn't hesitate to use one or anything else I could get a hold of if I felt a serious threat to life and limb. Just need to be able to prove that the danger was real.

If you end up causing someone permanent disfigurement or injury - very easy to put someones eye out by striking at their face with a bunch of keys between the fingers or something similar - then you may really need to be able to prove how real the danger was or you could end up badly on the wrong side of the law.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby pinkeye » 04 Feb 2018, 01:44

and this is true.

Umm It may be hard for male law enforcement officers to comprehend, NO I'll say.. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE ...for them to comprehend what a woman may feel , in circumstances which are likely to include significant harm, or possible death, at the hands of either a known (most likely) or Unknown Male.

What I find hardest to accept is that it is well-known that MEN perpetrate BY FAR the majority of serious sexual assault, and yet EVERY WOMAN who reports this is subjected to gross mistreatment by law officers. HEY.. they may be trying to improve their image BUT the old school remain in power. Despite ALL statistical analysis, the Police still prefer to disbelieve the victim. It is endemic, even now, in 2018. I am not saying 100% of the time. In some cases, even the Police are unable to deny the truth. But... Give them less than absolute proof? you're in for a hard time lady.

So.. what?

Perhaps, if this continues, we will find more men assaulted and killed by women. They have the only option that may actually save them. After all, the THREAT is REAL, for many women, FROM their male partner.

Now, the scales have long been weighted in favour of the male. This is simply fact. Will these abusive men start to realise the little woman might fight back? ? or///?? are all men who kill their spouses, and/or children , so insufficient mentally they are helpless pawns of the feminazi's?

How fucking ridiculous.

OH well.. :tweed :tweed
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 04 Feb 2018, 02:34

pinkeye wrote:and this is true.

Umm It may be hard for male law enforcement officers to comprehend, NO I'll say.. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE ...for them to comprehend what a woman may feel , in circumstances which are likely to include significant harm, or possible death, at the hands of either a known (most likely) or Unknown Male.

What I find hardest to accept is that it is well-known that MEN perpetrate BY FAR the majority of serious sexual assault, and yet EVERY WOMAN who reports this is subjected to gross mistreatment by law officers. HEY.. they may be trying to improve their image BUT the old school remain in power. Despite ALL statistical analysis, the Police still prefer to disbelieve the victim. It is endemic, even now, in 2018. I am not saying 100% of the time. In some cases, even the Police are unable to deny the truth. But... Give them less than absolute proof? you're in for a hard time lady.

And this is but one of several very compelling reasons why people don't report sexual assault.
mothra
Duck

Postby MilesAway » 05 Feb 2018, 02:09

pinkeye wrote:Everyone’s got a plan until they get hit....

Please tell me.. what is 'slutwalk'?.[/quote]
Wake up ! :tweed
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 05 Feb 2018, 03:07

MilesAway wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Everyone’s got a plan until they get hit....

Please tell me.. what is 'slutwalk'?.

Wake up ! :tweed[/quote]

Gosh what a poser you prove to be. And a renege. Come on Cunt... tell us what YOU THINK a SLUTWALK IS? Your terminology, your contempt, your seeming
actual belief..??

SLUT WALK.

Tell me all about it.! Or else Fuck off, shut up, be quiet, what ever sinks your boat.!!
Come on... YOU seem to think the term SLUT WALK occurs in every persons thoughts. You are actually wrong.

Got to tell you I've never heard the term previously. Hmmmm ? . Seems you are more 'on this' than I. So go ahead and explain this concept, that apparently every woman knows about. Hmmm?

Go for your fucking life fuckhead. Inform me. NOW!!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 05 Feb 2018, 12:26

lol :grn
MilesAway
Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic