Judicial perception

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Judicial perception

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 16:56

Link.

Judges, Magistrates and lawyers are no more 'perfect' as human beings than the rest of the populace. They, we just have a job to do, and they/we do it. Fucked if I know why people expect otherwise.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: Judicial perception

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Jan 2018, 17:41

Sainthood is not conferred with the horsehair wig.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby CaesarAugustus » 06 Jan 2018, 20:17

Aussie wrote:Link.

Judges, Magistrates and lawyers are no more 'perfect' as human beings than the rest of the populace. They, we just have a job to do, and they/we do it. Fucked if I know why people expect otherwise.

But yet, you're willing to let 7 flawed individuals have the final say on constitutional/legal matters?
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
CaesarAugustus
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 06 Jan 2018, 20:43

CaesarAugustus wrote:

But yet, you're willing to let 7 flawed individuals have the final say on constitutional/legal matters?

You have an alternative that does not involve flawed individuals?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby CaesarAugustus » 09 Jan 2018, 22:10

Aussie wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

A computer.
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
CaesarAugustus
mountain lion

Postby MilesAway » 10 Jan 2018, 13:35

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Aussie wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

A computer.

Are you for fucking serial?

:rain
MilesAway
mountain lion

Return to Off Topic