A painting.

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

A painting.

Postby Aussie » 16 Nov 2017, 18:01

Rubbish.

Link.

Even 500 years ago, there was this Christ stereotype. Just bullshit.

Nice painting, I guess about the same size as the very small Mona Lisa.

But...come orn....half a billion dollars to acquire a painting and the World is full of far better uses for that money.

Far cough with your propaganda, Leonardo.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: A painting.

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Nov 2017, 18:07

For all the anti SSM crap from “christians” why are all paintings of christ that of a pansy?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 16 Nov 2017, 18:44

exciting to watch amounts like that just casually bandied around - Da Vinci you cannot put a price on it seriously- beautiful art important piece
Honor to God.

Loyalty to the Country Woman's Association.
Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Nov 2017, 21:48

And Leonarda “farq’d off” centuries ago. :c
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 16 Nov 2017, 22:05

HBS Guy wrote:And Leonarda “farq’d off” centuries ago. :c

that means what exactly-? :? It is a beautiful historic painting Monk that cant be lost on you surely- 500 years old

Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Nov 2017, 22:20

There is a story about paintings, Monets:

Alan Bond visited his merchant banker. Sat in the waiting room looking and looking at the Monet on the wall. Bond also had a Monet. When the merchant banker came out to call Alan in Alan stated “My Monet is bigger than yours.”

I just hope the buyer accepts the responsibility of owning such a painter, keeps it secure yet loans it out to museums etc so others can see it or maybe allows prints to be made of it.

The christ figure is too insipid for my taste.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 17 Nov 2017, 00:48

HBS Guy wrote:There is a story about paintings, Monets:

Alan Bond visited his merchant banker. Sat in the waiting room looking and looking at the Monet on the wall. Bond also had a Monet. When the merchant banker came out to call Alan in Alan stated “My Monet is bigger than yours.”

I just hope the buyer accepts the responsibility of owning such a painter, keeps it secure yet loans it out to museums etc so others can see it or maybe allows prints to be made of it.

The christ figure is too insipid for my taste.

not too keen on him either- I have seen much more handsome versions and I am uite particular about how my christ looks :bgrin
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Return to Off Topic