iPhones

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

iPhones

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 17:46

I used to have a non–smart mobile phone. Neat unit, folded up so minimal room.

Then I dropped it in the toilet—accidentally, yes—and it didn’t work so good.

So got another non–smartphone from Telstra. Similar deal HORRIBLE interface. After a while I said fuck it and went to Telstra and bought an iPhone 6. As a niece pointed out, will likely need it once the building of my house starts.

With a couple YouTubes figured it out.

Now Apple has introduced the new 8 and the X.

If you really use your iPhone a lot hold off until the X arrives in a few weeks, Radical improvement!

For me, retired, a 6 does the job, partly pay for it—going mobile only for phone and net.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: iPhones

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Oct 2017, 19:46

I still have a 5s, and it does me fine.

I have no plans of upgrading.

It makes phone calls, sends text messages, opens my email, and has a battery that lasts twice as long as anybody else's phone.

Why would I want a newer model?
greggerypeccary
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 19:47

Some will, for the status. Others may, for work or because they are technophiles. In 10 years we will all be using a X or later.

I will stick to my 6 as long as it lasts, have minimum needs being retired. If that fucking phone hadn’t fallen in the toilet I would still be using it!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 20:03

I must say I can’t wait to read the next installment of Herbert’s travails with his iPhone. It is bound to be hilarious!

WTF did he buy a fucking iPhone for? Not a cheap simple mobile phone? HM software will he download onto it? Ye gods!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 02 Oct 2017, 20:25

I lost my Samsung a few weeks ago so I just got a new 'Oppo' from officeworks. Works on an Android system.

Cheapie, $320 but works brilliantly. Much better than the Samsung I had before. And the photo's are top notch quality.

I'm so happy with it that I'm gonna buy the wife one.
johnsmith
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 20:48

I liked the iPhone for the synching with the laptop. Seamless.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 23:16

Hmmm the WEA has a course on the iPhone. Might be useful. Is the WEA in all states or only SA?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 23:18

Something on sustainable building too. Definite go to that one!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2017, 05:55

Tapping those icons at 'Home' rarely brings anything up, and sliding the screen to the side often shows something irrelevant.

The racist.

The phone is not a keyboard, idiot, touch the fucking icons not tap.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Off Topic