Bluetooth

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Bluetooth

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 11:19

The Bluetooth networking technology, anybody have an idea of why it was called that?

No googling please! If you don’t know post something witty.

PS: I think it sucks! I could not connect my laptop to my printer using BT and now I can’t connect my iPhone to my laptop with it. Talk about useless! (Could be me that is useless, missing something.)

Thank god for the iPhone! Listening to classical music through it, piano mainly.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Bluetooth

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Oct 2017, 11:54

HBS Guy wrote:The Bluetooth networking technology, anybody have an idea of why it was called that?

No googling please! If you don’t know post something witty.

PS: I think it sucks! I could not connect my laptop to my printer using BT and now I can’t connect my iPhone to my laptop with it. Talk about useless! (Could be me that is useless, missing something.)

Thank god for the iPhone! Listening to classical music through it, piano mainly.

I use Bluetooth with my laptop and an outdoor speaker.

Love it!

I think the name comes from a pirate or something in Denmark, or Norway. Or a Viking (???)
greggerypeccary
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 11:58

Close enough!

The discovery of a Viking-age fortress in Denmark has shed new light on a network of military sites built by the 10th-century Danish king Harald Bluetooth, according to archaeologists.

Bluetooth — for whom the eponymous digital network technology is named — is credited with building several large, circular fortresses, or "ring forts," around Denmark in the 970s and 980s, as he unified the unruly Viking clans of the region into a centralized kingdom.

https://www.livescience.com/60553-viking-fort-reveals-elaborate-military-network.html
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 11:59

I will try again to link phone & laptop, cables have drawbacks.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Off Topic