Great Northern!

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Great Northern!

Postby Redneck » 30 Sep 2017, 16:45

One of my sons works in a massive warehouse that supplies most of Southern NSW alcohol to grog shops,

he was telling me they sell massive amounts of a mid strength beer called Great Northern

I tried a six pack today

Very nice drop in my opinion

Your Thoughts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Northern_Brewing_Co.
Redneck
Jack Russell

spamone: Animal

Re: Great Northern!

Postby Aussie » 30 Sep 2017, 16:56

It has a solid foot print in Qld. It is just an other of the range put out by CUB. Been around up here for at least a year, maybe longer.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2017, 16:57

CUB make Fat Yak which is OK so I will try a stubby or two of that beer. Uncle Dan would sell it, I guess?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Redneck » 30 Sep 2017, 17:07

HBS Guy wrote:CUB make Fat Yak which is OK so I will try a stubby or two of that beer. Uncle Dan would sell it, I guess?

For sure, like I said he reckons they a selling heaps of pallets of it.

The place he works for takes up a whole block, semis can drive right through the warehouse.

Ships truck loads and truckloads of piss!
Redneck
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 30 Sep 2017, 17:22

There is a version of Great Northern called 'Super Crisp' or similar. Might be their full strength thing. Two of my golf mates drink it. It is on tap at the Golf Club.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Redneck » 30 Sep 2017, 17:29

Aussie wrote:There is a version of Great Northern called 'Super Crisp' or similar. Might be their full strength thing. Two of my golf mates drink it. It is on tap at the Golf Club.

That is the one i am talking about !
Redneck
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 30 Sep 2017, 17:39

It's a bloody nice drop, so is that Fat yak
johnsmith
Pitbull terrier

Postby BigOl64 » 01 Oct 2017, 09:02

It is an easy drinking beers as the last 4-5 years of my drinking habits can attest. It tries to be North Queensland claiming to be an old Cairns brewery recipe; anyone who has every drank beer from the old Cairn Brewery knows nothing good came out of there. :roll :roll

It is brewed in the old Power's brewery in Brisbane and other than shipping that is about as North Queensland as it gets. However, I still drink it like it is about to stop production.

Here's to the Great Northern beer, brewed in Brisbane by a Victorian company. :beer :beer :beer
BigOl64
Chihuahua

Return to Off Topic