Food thread

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Food thread

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Mar 2020, 16:04

I have been there twice but it is now closed to the public :sad
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55489
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Food thread

Postby Aussie » 05 Mar 2020, 16:25

I am looking for a decent meatloaf recipe...something beyond the banal.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 9300
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: Food thread

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Mar 2020, 18:09

I have never made meatloaf, sorry.

Lots salt and spices I would say—bland!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55489
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Food thread

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Mar 2020, 18:13

HBS Guy wrote:I have been there twice but it is now closed to the public :sad


Oh really?

I didn't know that.

I've been twice too - great place.

Especially for Picnic at Hanging Rock fans.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Food thread

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Mar 2020, 19:29

Yup!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55489
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Food thread

Postby johnsmith » 05 Mar 2020, 20:22

Aussie wrote:I am looking for a decent meatloaf recipe...something beyond the banal.



i always add a few hard boiled eggs along the center ...and plenty of peas and carrots. Lots of flavour that way.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10012
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Food thread

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Mar 2020, 07:37

Going to make a big batch of lasagne today.

00 flour for the pasta, just cannot find durrum flour and semolina. I decided on this at the market yesterday so did not have the recipe with me so did not buy fontina cheese and do not want to go out and find that and some thyme. Bay leaf and cheddar will have to do.

Reckon will have enough to put in the freezer in case even food shopping is restricted—fucking supermarkets are doing nothing about social distancing so I expect infections to keep increasing.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55489
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Food thread

Postby johnsmith » 29 Mar 2020, 10:25

HBS Guy wrote:Going to make a big batch of lasagne today.

00 flour for the pasta, just cannot find durrum flour and semolina. I decided on this at the market yesterday so did not have the recipe with me so did not buy fontina cheese and do not want to go out and find that and some thyme. Bay leaf and cheddar will have to do.

Reckon will have enough to put in the freezer in case even food shopping is restricted—fucking supermarkets are doing nothing about social distancing so I expect infections to keep increasing.


try adding basil if you have some.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10012
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Food thread

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Mar 2020, 10:55

Nope, just bayleaf, dried oregano and parsley.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55489
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron